G44 Holster

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by AZ Husker, Jun 15, 2020.

1. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Does the 44 fit in a holster made for a G19?
    Will a G48 fit the same holster?

2. SARDG

SARDG Florida's Left Coast

Any holster that fits a small frame Glock (34, 17, 19, etc, and the 40 cal equivalents) will fit the 44.

The 44, being a Gen 5 with ambi slide stop, Comptac Gen 5 holsters have a little bumb 'relief' on the right to accommodate that, but my Gen 3s and 4s still fit it as it is a little 3/8" spot, adding nothing or subtracting nothing from the retention.

I had an old Blade-tech 34 DOH holster for IDPA, but wanted a new holster to fit every small frame form factor that I owned - and I wanted it to fit the longest gun I compete with - a 34. I ordered the Comptac Gen 5 holster for the 34 and it fits my 44 marvelously. I do tightened the retention screws slightly to retain a fully loaded 34, Gen 3, however.

The 48 is a Slimline. Order a 48 holster and it will fit the 43x and 48.

Slimline and small frame are two very different sizes, but I cranked down my old Blade-tech 34 holster to retain my 48 for one SCSA match while my 48 holster came in.

The new Comptac also oblige suppressor-height sights which my Blade-tech did not.

Amazon is about $10 cheaper for Comptac, than Comptac.

Remarkably, my friend called Comptac to ask if the 34 holster would work for a 44... and they didn't know!

mrwug and jstaylor62 like this.