Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be honest I have never had a big desire for the .22 Glock. I have a S&W .22 that I rarely shoot.
On a local gun forum a guy said he bought a G44, his first ever Glock and he didn't like it and wanted something different so we met up and both went away with a new toy!
I did a little polishing and got the trigger down from 6.5 to 5.5 and went through my box of Glock parts and found a .165 Fiber optic front sight and installed it and headed for the outdoor range in a misty rain.
I set up two IDPA targets and added 2" red circles to the center so I could check the sights.
The G44 shot well and was a lot of fun, I needed more than the two magazines it came with though, got tired of reloading mags pretty quick.
It was shooting about 2" left and I dialed that in pretty quickly and had it hitting right on.
I shot CCI Mini Mag Varmit HP's, Some other High Velocity rounds, some CCI and Federal Standard Velocity and even some of the new Federal Punch ammo.
Not one single malfunction of any kind. I shot about 150 rounds.
I am glad I made the trade and have ordered a slightly lighter striker spring to lighten the trigger just a bit more.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
I"d be almighty cautious about putting in a weaker striker spring in a .22. Twenty two rounds can be hard to ignite, period.
Moon

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The stock striker spring is 5.5 pounds. I would not go any lighter than 5 pounds in the G44. I tried a Wolff 4.5 pound spring and it was too light causing multiple light primer strikes per magazine. The 5 pound spring works well, especially coupled with a Glock Minus connector.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah I wouldn’t go less in the striker spring, but I did go less on my recoil spring. I got a Rival Arms Glock G44 Guide Rod Assembly, Tungsten which is lighter then the stock recoil spring. Before the cheap golden bullet wouldn’t slide lock and after the change out it would. Made it a little more reliable after more than 200 rounds have been shot in one session

·
Registered
153 Posts
I never owned a gun until last year when I purchased my G44 to train for the G19.5 I eventually bought. Gave it to the wife so she could gain her confidence as well. Cheap ammo helps when you just want to have some fun compared to the 9s I own now. A fan for sure here.

·
bene vivere
2,374 Posts
I bought one a couple of years ago. My wifeand I both enjoy shooting it.

Reactions: Marilyn

·
bene vivere
2,374 Posts

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Planning to shoot at least 50 rounds today and tomorrow. Match next week. Have about 300 rounds to expend. G44 is ready and willing. Life is good!
It shoots plenty accurate. One shoots a 44 to get better at shooting GLOCKs. The fundamentals that deliver a good score with a 44, will carry over to a G20. I promise.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
The range here is having a demo day tomorrow, Glock included.
I plan to put a 44 in a friend's hand.

·
JABRONI AUTIST
7,786 Posts
The one I had functioned fine but wasn't particularly accurate. Cool gun but just not for me.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Having gone thru' the frustration of a (redacted) Advantage Arms conversion...it worked only with MiniMags, and only when spotless, wasn't anxious for a .22 Glock.
But the ammo pinch changed my mind; shoot reloads exclusively for practice, but the component shortage was there too.
The G44 shoots straight for what it is, and works pretty much all the time...may have had one malf in 500 rounds, maybe. And it eats junk ammo, of which I've got a stash.
Moon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts