Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I picked up a G44. 500 rounds through it and love it. I see where it seems to prefer 40gr round nose. I have put mainly Thunderbolts through it with great results despite what some are saying. I also put some Federal American Eagle through it and it amazes me to see/feel the difference between the two brands. American Eagle AE seems to def have a slower burning powder. Lots of smoke as well. I would have thought it would have been cleaner. Also ran some some mini mags and though they run well too, the Tbolts run just fine, not excessively dirty and less money. Such a fun little pistol..

·
Registered
7,721 Posts
Good to hear! I've seen some Blazers in a little milk carton-looking 200-count container. I may try some of those sometime.
Just fired 200 36grain MiniMags out of mine with no stoppages what-so-ever.

Just picked up a thousand rounds of M-22. Always worked well in my Mark II and Mark III. Probably do okay in my new G44.

05/06/2020 M-22 is prone to wedging in between the magazine and the feed ramp. Did it 5 times in 500 rounds. Really dirties up the gun bad too.

05/07/2020- Winchester M-22 is a no-go. Somehow- even though it's "plated" with "black copper" it still leads the barrel up real bad! Shot about 300 today and the groups suddenly doubled in size, then proceeded to keyhole every shot! Terrible ammo! Don't buy Win-garbage rimfire! Not even worth bringing home!

·
Fightin' Fire
2,069 Posts
My first and only session went well with these. The first couple of mags had a hiccup but ran flawless for the next four hundred or so.
FB1611B7-565E-4178-A662-767DE4AADA99.jpeg

·
Registered
652 Posts
Be careful with the Thunderbolts. Some lots I have used had very soft lead and leaded my handgun barrel to the point it was keyholing the bullets. I have heard this from other shooters also.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Blazers are just mini mags without the copper coating. The only problems I have had with my G44 is with standard velocity ammo. It didn't want to cycle it. Runs like a Swiss watch with high velocity ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts