Glock 43x G43X vs SIG P365

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Enfuego, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Bradd D

Bradd D

Looking a the XL, how are you gonna get a grip on that mag if you need to? I also don't care for the location of the slide stop as I use it to drop the slide.

2. JDJ

JDJ

There's a lip at the front of the mag base plate that you can grab if needed; however, the mag drops free with the aid of gravity when you hit the mag release button.

As to the slide catch lever (as Sig calls it), I'm not sure how it's location adversely affects your ability to release the slide. Is it too far away from your thumb without adjusting your grip?

3. Bradd D

Bradd D

I use my support thumb, but the catch looks a bit close to the takedown lever to me.

4. JDJ

JDJ

I understand. I use my thumb on my primary hand and it works fine for me.

The thing I do like better about the Glock is that you can tell that there's not a round in the chamber if the trigger is rearward whereas in the Sig the trigger is always forward regardless of whether a round is chambered. In addition, I wish the Sig had a tactile loaded chamber indicator on the extractor like the Glock.

5. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Both of these pistols are aimed at the small, sub-compact, 'single-stack' 9mm market. I say 'single-stack' for the P365 since that is the direct competition. They are on the opposite ends of that market for comparison sake. Both are solid pistols.

The P365 is smaller. This provides the option of pocket or belt carry. The 43X isn't going to provide a pocket carry option, at least not nearly as well. The P365 comes stock with X-ray nights sights, the 43X comes stock with plastic dovetail protectors. You'll have to pay extra if you want night sights. The P365 has the options of 10, 12 and 15-round OEM magazines. The 43X has one OEM option currently and that's 10-rounds. Whether or not the aftermarket magazines are going to be good or bad is still up in the air. Personally, I only carry OEM magazines in a pistol carried for SD. The P365 provides the option of manual thumb safety or no thumb safety. The 43X does not provide that option.

Now, having said all that, the 43X is a solid pistol. It has it's obvious limitations. If those limitations are acceptable to you then it's a solid choice.

As a side note, I'm just not sure why Glock didn't design the 43X magazines to work in the G43? To me, it would have made the G43 a more attractive option and I might have kept mine. Still wouldn't have compared to the features offered in the P365 but it would have checked another box for the G43 imo.

As a second side note, I'm not a fanboy of the P365 and was very critical of them during the early issues. Now that the issues have been resolved I have to call it the way I see it. The P365 simply offers more options overall and the price has come down since it's initial opening to a more realistic level.

boilergonzo likes this.
  6. Mr. Pick

Mr. Pick

I shot my P365 and my new 43X side by side for the first time last Friday. No comparison for me - I shoot the 43X more accurately, and due to less muzzle flip (for me...) I am back on target quicker for follow up shots. It is also much more comfortable to hold and shoot - the bigger grip of the 43x just fits my big mitts to a tee.

It is true I won't be pocket carrying the 43X, but I didn't pocket carry the P365 either. For pocket carry I use my 42 with Underwood +P XTP's, which I am comfortable with. I don't find the 43X to be any harder to carry IWB then the P365. I had to use the 12 round mag on the P365 to get a decent grip to shoot with, so the difference in length of the grip between the 43X and P365 with a 12 round mag is negligible to me. The weight is the same between the two.

So very likely the P365 will be finding a new home before long as the 42 will continue to be my pocket gun and the 43X will become by IWB gun. The P365 just doesn't play a role for me anymore, plus I have more confidence in the Glock - I know that is a subjective thing - but an important one.

But everyone is different, so your mileage may vary.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  7. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

What is the born date you feel confident saying they’ve resolved all the issues?

My wife bought two brand new 365's, both born March 2019.

One worked, but after two trips back to SIG, the other was still completely unreliable.

She attended a few pistol classes with both, and regardless of the ammo used or who was behind it, the results were the same.

One of two functioning properly wasn’t an option, so she sold them both and went back to her pair of 42’s.

8. Deputydave

I'm sorry she had an issue with one of them. That always leaves a bad taste and I don't blame her for getting rid of them. One has a 2/19 and the others are later in the year. IIRC, 4/19 and 6/19. Makes me curious if they are still doing quiet rolling design changes. So far mine have been good. However, if I start having issues I'll get rid of them in favor of something else.

9. hump2

hump2

my 365 was born Mar/19 and has been 100% reliable too bad Sig didn't Fix it ... what was the issue?

10. Bradd D

Bradd D

I"ve always said that some prioritize comfort over shootability.

Deputydave likes this.
  11. Deputydave

in the early runs, the firing pin tips ere breaking as well as the trigger return spring. There were some issues with the RSA. Sig has redesigned the firing pin three times IIRC. Take a look at the Military Arms Channel on YT for some in-depth discussion of several P365 design changes. There are other sources as well.

RustyRyan likes this.
  12. Enfuego

Enfuego

I truly appreciate the comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

I carried my 43X in my front pocket in a Desantis pocket holster all last summer. I am 6'0" and 200lbs, modest belly.

I had an unfair advantage though because I was wearing 5.11 Covert shorts. They haven't made them for about 9 years and my last pair is on it's last legs. I really wish someone would make a pair of shorts that have big enough front pockets for front pocket carry!

Quade likes this.
  14. BuckeyeGlock77

BuckeyeGlock77

Such a tough call. I go back and forth between the P365 and the 43x all the time. It’s crazy, just when I think I’ve decided, the capacity and feel of the 365 pulls me back in.

I’d have to look at the date on mine, but it’s been flawless.

My larger concern is that the P365 is a gateway into more Sigs. I’ve got an M17 and it’s a tack driver.

15. AWGD8

AWGD8 Sr. Glocker29SF

I have an unfired brand new Glock 43x in black.
    Did a 25 cent trigger job and now waiting for the Ghost Edge connector in the mail.

That 43x trigger is like 10 Ibs pull! LOL!
    I had buyers remorse when I found out about the P365XL. That trigger is awesome! I had a chance to pick between the G43x and P365 (regular size) and Went with the G43x since the P365 handle is too short for my AIWB carry. Have I known about the P365XL, I would get it in a heartbeat.

If you like the G43x hit me up! I mighr let go of mine...

Deputydave likes this.
  16. Mr. Pick

Mr. Pick

That's interesting. 10 pull average on my 43x is 5.1#. I guess they vary a lot from the factory.

17. full_count

full_count

I’ve been looking at either a 43x or 48, and had pretty much decided on the 48 until I saw a 365XL in my LGS. With the optic cut, night sights, and extra capacity, I see no reason to buy either one of the Glocks. I’m picking up the XL this weekend, hopefully.

OP, if you’re interested in a 43x at all, be sure to look at the 365XL before you commit...and this is coming from someone who loves Glock pistols!

Deputydave and boilergonzo like this.
  18. JDJ

JDJ

^^^ I have a G48. The P365 XL has it on the sidelines.

Deputydave and boilergonzo like this.
  19. glock-fan

glock-fan

IMO The P365 feels top heavy, it has more felt recoil, disliked the NS. pros: perfect for pocket carry, and the trigger is awesome. I would pick the g43 without hesitation.

20. boilergonzo

boilergonzo

Opinions vary. The things you don't like, are the opposite for me. The 365 feels less top heave and flippy to me than the G43, I feel it is softer shooting, and I like the X-Ray sights! They are great!

Given the size, capacity, feel, better trigger, quality sights, I would (did) pick the 365 without hesitation! We all have our preferences!

Deputydave likes this.