Glock Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been having some issues with cubital tunnel syndrome; I knew the bottom two fingers were tingly and elbow ached, but didn't realize I was weaker until I got to the range today.

Today, I had to use the glock (G19) mag-loader to help load all my guns. Went to shoot double-taps on a new, unused target with the 43X. Afterwards, I counted 9 hits in the 4" ring and 3 hits in the 6" ring. 12 SHOTS?! I checked to confirm I was indeed the only one on th range. Then I loaded the mag up again and counted--sure enough it held 11 AND there was just a few millimeters of room for the top round to move around, so it inserted just fine.

I'm wondering if this is a bad idea, since it may over-compress the springs.
BUT the gun did function just fine as an 11+1 on four occasions.
Again, I was using a G19 OEM mag-loader on a new 43X mag (with 124gr ammo).

·
Banned
4,374 Posts
Glock48 has same mag. Had a hard time with 10 rounds manually. but is was mother fnnnn cold.

Reactions: 3 Cubed - 1

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I wouldn’t worry too much about the spring being compressed. I remember once I got 14 rounds into a 13 round Glock 21 mag, so...
I think most Glock mags have extra room for reliability. Like a Glock 43 mag isn’t a 6 round mag, it’s a 6.5 round mag. That little bit extra is for insertion and reliability.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hadn't thought about ban states. Doh. Forget I said anything!

The fact that it ACTUALLY has a little bit of play and EASILY inserts makes me wonder if it IS overcompressing the spring. I also kinda wonder how it would do with one coil cut off (wouldn't this be kinda like how people can run a +1 extension with the SAME spring).

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The ONLY reason I was using the OEM mag loader (for the G19) was because I have cubital tunnel syndrom at the moment, and my right hand is weak. But I didn't have to put much pressure to get it in, since I didn't even notice it. I mean, I may have thought it felt tight--but I assumed it was my hand weakness.
I've always loaded mags by hand and never had an issue.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I have started using an Up-Lula loader on all my Glocks.
Just because Glocks are all I have, any more. Lol
Except my Little Half Breed, Advantage Arms 22 Conversion,
on a Dedicated gen2 G-17 Frame. Lol
And I find it a lot easier to load it with the Loader that came with it, Looks just like a Glock loader.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.