Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· TeamCarverMount
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally held a new G43 today! I've got to say,I Like my glocks but the G43 is not for me, I for one cant se how you can hold the gun without extensions on the mags. Though the smallest I can go with any of the glocks is a compact like the G19. The baby glocks are not for me! Just my 2 cents worth

· Registered
59,814 Posts
It is good that you got to handle it before purchasing one that probably would have disappointed you.

· TeamCarverMount
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to clarify! I was wanting to hold one , not buy one ! For me the 380 caliber is a useless caliber! Too small, under powered than say 9mm. I can get a G19 and have more rounds, in a package that can easily be concealed !
SO to all that have and will get G43s say if its what you want then go for it ,I'm not bashing the pistol, Just saying for me its to damn small and under powered !

· Registered
781 Posts
Just to clarify! I was wanting to hold one , not buy one ! For me the 380 caliber is a useless caliber! Too small, under powered than say 9mm. I can get a G19 and have more rounds, in a package that can easily be concealed !
SO to all that have and will get G43s say if its what you want then go for it ,I'm not bashing the pistol, Just saying for me its to damn small and under powered !
Are you talking about the G43 or G42? The 42 is the .380 and the 43 is 9mm. I am a little confused by your post. As far as gripping the 43, you just use two finger and let the pinky lay under the mag. At least that is how I do it. Felt a little weird at first, but the more I shoot that way the more comfortable it is. I actually prefer mags without the finger extension on my G43 and G26. And although my G19 is a great carry pistol, there are times that I just can't conceal it as well as I like and that is when I carry my G26 or G43.

· Registered
8 Posts
Just to clarify! I was wanting to hold one , not buy one ! For me the 380 caliber is a useless caliber! Too small, under powered than say 9mm.

Guess I'm confused as well... the 43 is a 9mm. Comes with two magazines .... one flush..... one with a finger extension.

The 43 is little bigger size-wise in comparison to the 42... which the 42 is the 380.

Which I'm not knocking any reason you may not like the 43 or the 42 .....to each his own. Just clarifying which one your commenting on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
172 Posts
As far as gripping the 43, you just use two finger and let the pinky lay under the mag. At least that is how I do it. Felt a little weird at first, but the more I shoot that way the more comfortable it is. I actually prefer mags without the finger extension on my G43 and G26. And although my G19 is a great carry pistol, there are times that I just can't conceal it as well as I like and that is when I carry my G26 or G43.
Same here, I've got large hands and wasn't sure how I was going to like that grip with the pinky all the way underneath, and about mid way down on the base plate. But it's not bad at all, and same here on the finger extension, I prefer the mag. w/o the ext. on the 43.
On my 27 I do like having the extension though, that .40 packs a little more punch, and if I am shooting more than a few shots it gives me more control of that pistol.

JWG, did you shoot it or just hold one?

· Glockeologist
374 Posts
NEVER did I think I would like the flush mag on the 43, but gave it a try. After 3 or 4 mags fired--there was no was no going back. I bought 3 more and shelved the one with the extension.

· Banned
5,193 Posts
NEVER did I think I would like the flush mag on the 43, but gave it a try. After 3 or 4 mags fired--there was no was no going back. I bought 3 more and shelved the one with the extension.
You know that you can remove the baseplate and install a flush plate, right? No need to shelve the magazine; it's just a baseplate change, and you can keep the mag in service, if you prefer flat baseplates.

· Registered
15 Posts

I shelved both of the stock base pads and went with TTI +1. Low profile, one more round. I've been very pleased so far.

· Glockeologist
374 Posts
You know that you can remove the baseplate and install a flush plate, right? No need to shelve the magazine; it's just a baseplate change, and you can keep the mag in service, if you prefer flat baseplates.
Yes, thanks. I have 4 flat base mags to use. The mag with the finger extension is living the good life--all tucked away (factory fresh) in the foamy, Glock box.

· Part Time
4,779 Posts
Comes with two magazines .... one flush..... one with a finger extension.

I purchased two of them recently and neither came with a flush magazine. I prefer the finger extension anyways but have read multiple times they come with both. Hmmm....

Edit: I take that back. I just checked the cases and sure enough there are two mags with flat plates. Woops. :wedgie:

· Registered
2,356 Posts
My wife likes her G26 and i Like my G19 , BUT I LOVE my G17. We talked about the G43. She felt she'd rather carry her fatter 10+1 G26. and i did not want to give up that many rounds to carrying a small slim firearm. if carry weight ever becomes an issue with me (I'm in mid 60's) the G43 would probably be top of list.

· Registered
8,092 Posts
I like the extended mag on my 43, and at some point I may upgrade the flat baseplate for a +1. So far I'm happy with this Little Glock (and glad I resisted the 42).

· Registered
500 Posts
I love the 42 and 43. I use MagGuts and Taran +1's for 8 rounds +1 in the G42.
The G43 has Taran +1's for 7 +1.
I carry at least one extra mag with me.
For summer carry, it's perfect for me.

Dave N

· Registered
131,357 Posts
The G43 is much, much easier to conceal than the G19 is, especially in hot weather.

Some people just need more rounds to feel secure, I guess...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.