close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G43 vs G 26

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by rickyc, Dec 5, 2017.

1. rickyc

rickyc

Does anyone have opinions on ease of shooting each of these? Too fat? Too thin? recoil?

I see the catalog says they are constant double action mode. Aren’t all Glocks? Does the short reset change that?

Like I said, our range burned down from some guy shooting tracers into the rubber backstop so renting and trying is out of the question for awhile.

2. Heath Ern

Heath Ern

3. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

G26 hands down. it's slightly thicker but not noticeable. Sights and mags are compatible with G19, G17, it has more capacity, and the biggest reason of all, it shoots better. The g26 has the same grip circumference as the full size gun and fits the hand better. also, it has a lighter recoil. i pocket carry mine no problem and haven't found a pair of pants that it didn't pocket carry well.

4. snowbird.40

snowbird.40

My only caution about the G43 is check where your right thumb lands if you shoot right-handed. My grip was such that the right thumb interfered with the slide catch release ... thus preventing me from going to slide lock reliably in IDPA matches. I had two of them and sold them both. Went back to a Gen 4 Model 26.

Kennydale and Dcc65 like this.
  5. Dcc65

Dcc65 State of Jefferson Resident

This

pipedreams, Kennydale and JMag like this.
  6. bac1023

bac1023

I prefer the G43.

When I want to carry something larger, I go with my G19.

Kidder, jp3to, kme and 12 others like this.
  7. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

Own both, like both. Same length, same height. G26 = 10+1, G43 = 6+1. I carry the G26 about 95% of the time.

8. WayneJessie

WayneJessie

I wouldn’t take two 26s for my one 43 as far as actual use goes.

buxbandit and Seuss like this.
  9. yep380

yep380

I own both.

I shoot both about the same and find both to be comfortable shooters.

The 43 carries much, much easier. The round difference of 4 rounds is not significant but the thinness and weight difference is. Carry an extra mag or two regardless of which one you carry.

The 26 is more versatile as far as spare mags. If I could only own one GLOCK, it would be a 26.

10. Flyfish-mt

Flyfish-mt

Agreed on the thumb interference with the slide lever. My son’s thumb always seems to snag the lever and I had to change my thumb position in order for it to function properly.
    Both perform well with no issues and the 43 really doesn’t have much more felt recoil than the 26 and it conceals a bit better. With all that said, I prefer my 26 because of I t’s versatility, accuracy, concealability, and capacity. I feel it’s the the best sized Glock for concealment.

11. walkin' trails

walkin' trails

I have both. If you’re used to shooting wide, double stack pistols, then the slender G43 grip will take some adjustment to get used to (same with the M&P Shield). The 43 is easier to conceal, lighter, and a more comfortable ankle gun. The 26, other than differences in grip and sight radius, shoots and handles basically the same as the larger Glocks. Recoil for the 43 is sharper. I’m sure that can be mitigated with ammo selection. To date, I’ve only shot about three loads with mine (147 gr G2, 115 gr FMJ +p, and a 98 gr frangible). Have probably 5-600 rounds thru it and no stoppages or malfunctions whatsoever.

12. Randylahey53

Randylahey53

Both super reliable, both about the same footprint other than width, which is significantly in favor of the 43.

It’s really capacity versus comfort. Shootability: i have big hands and have no issues with either.

13. Truth&Balance

Truth&Balance Silver Member

This^^^^^. Well stated. IMO, the G26 shoots like a larger gun and is that perfect balance between shootability, capacity and concealment.

10or45 and bowzette like this.
  14. Heath Ern

Heath Ern

I was just trying to save people from typing the exact same things again, by including that link to a thread that was pretty much the exact same thing. :supergrin:

15. 762DM

762DM

The perfect 9mm combo is a G19 and a G43. My 43 goes everywhere I can’t conceal a 19 and carries much easier than the 26 it replaced.

16. Bilrus61

Bilrus61

My G43 is the perfect carry for me. I can't tell any difference between it and the 42 when I carry but I can tell a BIG difference between the G26 and the G43. I carry in a ankle glove just below my left knee in a wheelchair. When I drive, the G26 wants to work lose and slid down sometimes. The G43 stays right where I strap it. My G43 is also VERY accurate. Accuracy is a under appreciated factor in a carry weapon in my opinion.

17. GlockyQ

GlockyQ

I have both, but my G26 has not been out of the safe for a loong time. I really like the size, weight and felt balance of the G43.

Jimmy Jesus likes this.
  18. DennisP

DennisP

I have always said it depends if you are only buying one Glock of multiples. If I could only have one i would buy the 26 and be done with it. With the 26, you have more capacity and the ability to use larger mags. With all that being said, I do really like my 43 as well.
    Good luck
    Dennis P.

19. JMag

JMag

My Walther PPS M2 is far more pleasing to me than the G43 that I tried was. However, I’ve yet to find a suitable, yet easy enough to carry, double-stack nine that surpasses my G26. I am about to swing for an HK VP9SK for its similar flexibility, however.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dcc65 likes this.
  20. powernoodle

powernoodle

For ease of carry, I prefer the 43 with a weak side spare mag (albeit not needed) over the 26.