close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured Glock 43 G43 Trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by leathermaneod, Nov 5, 2017.

1. leathermaneod

leathermaneod

Hi all,
    I’m looking for ideas on improving my G43 trigger. I’ve already checked and it has the newer connector part number 33564, but the pull is heavier and has a much harsher break than my G19 or G33. All three of these guns are relatively new, the 19 and 43 have 250 rounds through them, I’m not totally sure on the 33 but I’d say less than 500. The 43 has many more dry fires than the 19, but still has the harshest trigger. I don’t want to do anything crazy because this is a carry gun, and I’d prefer to not modify it much if at all, so I’m looking for ideas. Are there any factory options? If I have to, I’ll just leave it be, but I’m hoping there is something I can do to lighten it a bit. The break is so harsh that it is very difficult for me to keep the gun from moving when it does break. I’m not a trigger snob by any means and I’m also not extremely experienced, but I feel that this trigger could be improved. Does it just need more shooting and dry firing?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

V Gehts likes this.
  2. G26Mikey

G26Mikey

I would aim to shoot 700-1000 rounds through it. Trigger should smooth out a bit.

It’s brand new. You also need to consider the size of the gun versus your hands. Possibly you just need to get use to the grip compared to larger frames. If all of your fundamentals are on point, shoot shoot and shoot some more. Trigger won’t be stiff for long.

If by that time you’re not satisfied with it, then look to go with an Apex trigger or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. leathermaneod

leathermaneod

Thank you! I appreciate the advice.

4. ShootingRooster

ShootingRooster "Tacticool is my middle name"

The easiest thing to do is to shoot it a lot. There’s a good chance the trigger will smooth out. It depends on how it feels to you. My 43 has a nice trigger which has only gotten nicer with more shots through it.

5. leathermaneod

leathermaneod

It is definitely not a bad trigger by any means. I like Glock triggers a lot, but this one is just slightly heavy and really snaps when it breaks, which makes it difficult to avoid moving when it does break.

V Gehts likes this.
  6. leathermaneod

leathermaneod

Are there any negatives to hand polishing the connector and trigger bar?

7. Heath Ern

Heath Ern

That is another one of those endless arguments (like oil, cleaning, modifications, etc.) that cannot ever be won. As you can see here:

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/0-25-trigger-job-dangerous.1679630/

A good portion of arguments like that are usually bandwagon parroting.

You can form your own opinion, but I imagine you will come to realize that you won't hurt anything by hand polishing, and that it will improve things slightly. If you are somewhat skilled, handy and careful, you can even use a polishing wheel on a Dremel to do it.

Personally, I have acquired several Glocks in trades that were very well-used. The triggers felt rough and heavy, despite many hundreds or a few thousands of rounds having been fired. After a very thorough cleaning, they still felt rough. I did the 25 cent trigger job, and they smoothed up significantly. Proof there that shooting alone doesn't necessarily solve the issue.

Sadie1300, GlockyQ, C. MYERS and 5 others like this.
  8. Alabusa

Alabusa

In my research for G40 mods, I have come across quite a few offering "carry" triggers. Basically they are just fully polished stock triggers. That may be an alternative for ypu.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

leathermaneod likes this.
  9. LTGro

LTGro

Being a small gun with a much shorter reach than even compacts, you may need to make some concessions on how you place your finger on the trigger. I've got small to med sized hands and I can't comfortably pull the trigger using the first finger pad as I do with larger pistols. I need to put it in to just short of the first joint. To accommodate this, I installed an Overwatch Falx trigger which is smooth and rounded and works great with this type of pull. It does not affect trigger pull weight or any safety features, but does shorten and smooth out pretravel. I know you said you'd prefer to stay away from mods, but just something to think about.

10. RawGlawk

RawGlawk

This. It will break in overtime and the trigger will feel better than new.

ScottR65 and leathermaneod like this.
  11. yep380

yep380

It's a 9mm, ammo is cheap, shoot it. You'll become more familiar with the gun and the trigger will smooth out.

My advice: don't swap out trigger parts, especially on a carry gun. Use stock glock parts, stock glock mags and practice shooting as much as you can afford to.

12. Mr Wasabi

Mr Wasabi Sushi Nazi

Overwatch TAC trigger w/Glock 33564 is working for me. I may give a Ghost Edge connector a try.

Oddball13 and leathermaneod like this.
  13. kilyung

kilyung

Grip tighter

14. ScottR65

ScottR65

Put 1000 rounds through and get back to us. It’s never going to feel like a 19 or any other larger pistol. The less pistol you wrap around a cartridge the snappier it’s going to feel cuz physics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherlock Glock and newseditor like this.
  15. MSims

MSims

Ghost edge or number 1 ghost pro and don't look back... you will thank me later

16. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

The best way to smooth it out, is to swap out the connector with a Ghost edge. Nothing radical, but it's cheap and it works great... You don't have to spend a fortune on an aftermarket trigger system.

Oddball13 likes this.
  17. yep380

yep380

Don't swap connectors, or any other trigger parts.

It's a carry gun, leave it stock.

Practice with it, learn it, and then carry it.

18. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

He can judge for himself, he's not happy currently.

Cessna2050 likes this.
  19. Heath Ern

Heath Ern

Yep. It gets old constantly reading bandwagon parroting.

tampashooters likes this.
  20. yep380

yep380

Sometimes, most times, oft repeated advice is true. Sometimes not, but most of the time, it is.

He says he doesn't want to do anything crazy because it's a carry gun.

Changing out trigger parts in a carry gun is, IMO, crazy. GLOCK designed that gun to work with the parts it ships with. They tested the design with those parts more than any after market manufacturer does. It works reliably with those parts and will keep on working. Don't f with it.

As others here have said, and I said, shoot it and it will smooth out.