G43 trigger reset problem

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by rangemeister, Sep 21, 2015.

1. rangemeister

rangemeister

Ok, it is probably somewhere within all these posts, but I am an anxious kinda of guy. Today I go to the range and shoot 50 more rds through my G43. I come home as usual and clean the gun. I attempted to verify the function and the trigger will not reset. It will if I hold the trigger down and rack the slide a couple of times. Geez, what gives here after over 500 rds this happens? Any suggestions before contacting Mothership? Thanks

2. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

When you cleaned the gun did you take the pins out and remove the trigger mechanism?

3. rangemeister

rangemeister

Have done nothing but basic field strip. Can tell you after watching a couple of you tube videos and checking my trigger inners, all seems normal. When I put the thing back together, slide on frame, the gun acts better, but still will not reset about a third of the time. I don't know about actual firing yet, will go out today I guess. Is it possible that after I cleaned it when I sprayed the slide with Barricade as I normally do, then wipe it down, I got some lubricant into the slide rails etc causing too much lube? I cleaned everything with a dry rag and it is better, but not 100% as it was before. I do a lot of dry firing mostly with snap cap.

4. ChrisJn

ChrisJn "Old Bill"

Failure to re-assemble the trigger mechanism correctly can cause this, but this obviously does not apply in your case.
    Sorry, cannot offer any other constructive advice.

5. rangemeister

rangemeister

Thanks for sharing my friend.

6. rangemeister

rangemeister

Glock says they will look at it and it will take 4 weeks for reply. They told me I could find a Glock armorer and go from there. I know two personally and neither know too much about this problem. Doesn't Glock CS pay to ship the gun back to them if it is under warranty? I took it to a local GS.