Glock Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· 98.SiG and Rising!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there anything special about changing the connector on the G43? Just picked up the G43 today, had them bring out two new in box so I could test triggers. Big difference between the two. I just ordered a Ghost Edge connector for the G43, I run one in my G26 and have been very pleased with it.

· Registered
3,497 Posts
Trigger bar or connector? The G43 has two take down pins. The trigger pin is held in place by a newly designed slide lock with a coil spring that applies upward pressure engaging a grove in the trigger pin. To easily remove the pin, push the slide lock down slightly near the locking block (see photo). The connector is replaced similar to other Glocks, except for the tab in the crucifix slips inside the spring housing. You will see this when you remove the stock connector.

Glock 43 frame detail by W Lee H, on Flickr

Reactions: FLGlockster

· Registered
16 Posts
Have a Ghost Edge in my G42, put one in my 43. Both reduced trigger pull weight (Wheeler Pull Tool) perhaps 1/2 lb. From other threads, appears you would want one of the several spring kits to bring it down to 5.5 lbs or so, from the stock (OEM) approx. 8 lbs. However, the Edge does make the trigger smoother, reducing the travel slightly fore and aft, and less snap at the wall. I like the Edge in both pistols, and have kept the Edge in the 42. Just installed the Ghost Pro in the 43, and after some armorer "fitting" (slight tool grinding of one of the fingers so the trigger would pull), I found no felt difference between the Edge and the Pro. Again, did not install a spring kit, but the Pro did reduce trigger pull about 1/2 lb lighter than the Edge (Edge 7.5 lbs avg., Pro 7.0 lbs avg.). Note that the Wheeler unit is basic and not digital, so some room for error. I still like it for the smoother trigger.
Finished 624 rounds (over a 30-day period) today, and have had no issues with the 43. Two failures to go into battery early in the 42's shooting were caused by limp-wristing. I had one FTE and one FTFire in one batch of Geco 115 grain ammo (which has been perfect prior to that), which armorer agrees was ammo, not gun. With a couple of add-ons, love my 42 for CC, but if Blackhawk comes out with a Serpa CQC holster for the 43, I will carry that, and keep the 42 for my backup. Hope you enjoy your 43 as much as I do mine.
And note that Guns & Ammo July 2015 just did a 9mm CC comparison test, including the 43.

· Registered
151 Posts
Is there anything special about changing the trigger bar on the G43? Just picked up the G43 today, had them bring out two new in box so I could test triggers. Big difference between the two. I just ordered a Ghost Edge connector for the G43, I run one in my G26 and have been very pleased with it.[/QUOTE

Are you wanting to change the trigger bar assembly to something like a Black Phantom, Pyramid, Zev Tech or Lightning Strike?

· 98.SiG and Rising!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry guys, just tired, meant connector. Can't you just remove the rear pin like other Glocks and change the connector without having to pull the front pin?

· 98.SiG and Rising!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I have not shot it yet as I picked it up midday today. But tomorrow I will step out back and christen this little gem. This will replace my PM9 and it just feels sooooo right in my hands. This was definitely worth the wait for Glock to fine tune this pistol. My G26 is my normal CCW except for very hot weather when the PM9 did the duty. But if this pistol shoots half as well as I think it is it might just get 75% CCW duty. Cold weather the G26 shares the duty with my G19 which I shoot better than any other pistol I own. Gotta Love a Glock!

· Registered
151 Posts
Sorry guys, just tired, meant connector. Can't you just remove the rear pin like other Glocks and change the connector without having to pull the front pin?
Yes you can but, be careful the parts are easy to bend with it being a downsized model. It is easier with both pins out giving you more room to work with.

· 98.SiG and Rising!
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks I will try it with both pins removed to be safe.

· Registered
397 Posts
...... The G43 has two take down pins. The trigger pin is held in place by a newly designed slide lock with a coil spring that applies upward pressure engaging a grove in the trigger pin. To easily remove the pin, push the slide lock down slightly near the locking block (see photo). The connector is replaced similar to other Glocks, except for the tab in the crucifix slips inside the spring housing. You will see this when you remove the stock connector.
Thanks for this very helpful tip it sure made the change out for the new connector easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.