G43 Taran tactical TTI +1 basepad

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by Javier161, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Javier161

Javier161

Hello, I just installed a tt1 +1 on a glock 43 magazine (01 version).
    I am able to fit the 7 round but slide is hard to rack the first round.
    Could this cause any malfunction if I carry 7+1 (JHP), are any problems with exesive spring compression in the long run? I afraid to carry this way, so I am carrying with stock 6+1.
    I tested de baseplate 7+1 on the range with sig 124 jhp with no problems at all.
    What do you guys think?

2. jhc37013

jhc37013

I could not use any of the +1 or 2 base pads just for the reason you said. The next round would not load because the round was pushing up on the slide their was just to much compression. Like you mention when your hand cycling the amount of force it takes the same thing happens when you shoot and for me at least it just slowed down the slide to much. I tried various ammo and unless I used a very stout +p the next round failed to load and I had 2500 rounds through this particular 43 plenty to loosen up the return spring so that was not a factor.

I tried the TT +2, Vickers +2 and Pierce +1. The Pierce worked most of the time but every now and then it would fail to load so it's a no go for me. I went back to standard mags and have over 1,000 more rounds and no issues. I do want to add with the TT and Vickers +2 I could of course load it up to 7 rounds and it worked fine essentially making it a +1 mag but for me the extra size was not worth the one extra round you make think differently if you want to try that.

3. Konigsberg13

Konigsberg13

Zero issues with TT +1 or +2.

4. jhc37013

jhc37013

Konig what ammo have you used and how many rounds do you think you have shot with those mags.

5. Konigsberg13

Konigsberg13

I use Spear 124 grain mostly, my self defense round is Federal HST 124 grain +P. I have probably a little over 2000 rounds thru them at least. I have had these since they were available I can't remember when I bought them, A few years now. I use them as my carry magazines.

6. 25signal

25signal

I have the same exact setup, with same carry rounds as well. I have shot all kinds of ammo, even reloads, with no issues.

Konigsberg13 likes this.
  7. jhc37013

jhc37013

I get the 50 round boxes of 147gr HST and 147 Ranger T both standard pressure and this is primarily what I shoot mixed with some standard HST 124. Have you who have had no problems with the TT tried the 147's?

8. 25signal

25signal

I've shot 147 a couple times with no issues. I have two mags with the base plates and both have never had an issue functioning.

9. Konigsberg13

Konigsberg13

I have tried 115, 124, 135 and 147 with no issues related to magazines. The only issues I have is when my hand touches the slide lock and activates that.

10. jhc37013

jhc37013

It is strange how those + mags work for some and not others I know I'm not the first to have that issue with them and then there are those who have zero issues like you guys. I tried them with two different 43's with the same result the mags fully loaded plus one in chamber compress the slide way to much and the slide does not have enough force to return. The only time it seemed to function ok was with +p ammo and some FMJ's.

Winchester Ranger T 147gr was a definite no go failing about every mag with TT +2 as well as the other + mags I mentioned above.

11. Javier161

Javier161

Thanks for everybody reply, For me the TTi +1 cycled fine with sig ammo 124, still racking the slide is so hard, that I have my doubts to carry this way, so I have choosen not to carry with tti +1 baseplate. Only for peace of mind. (sorry my english, my native language is spanish)

12. Mohican Chief

Mohican Chief

It is not the slide that is being compressed by the round, it is the ejector. Top round on magazine binds with the ejector on Glock 43's. And in some configurations, these bindings causes FTF on last round due to canting to left. Try loading 1 round on the magazine and inserting in the magazine well while slide is locked back. In all Glock 43's, the round will be with different degree of canting to left but most will be noticeable...

13. jhc37013

jhc37013

Well after all this +1 and 2's got me motivated this morning to again return to the field and take my favorite ammo for the 43 and the TT+2, no 147gr. My favorite rounds which I shoot best with the 43 the Barnes 115gr, Hornady Am Gunner 115gr and 124+p.

I shot 4 mags of the Barnes, 4 mags Hornady 115 and 4 mags 124+p. I had no failures with any of it, again I did not use any 147gr which I know has given many many failures to feed in the past with the + mags however nowadays I do not carry the 147 in my 43.

Bottom line I need to head back asap and try and duplicate this a few different times and maybe one day I will feel comfortable enough to carry it this way.