Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 202 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called Glock regarding the mag release issue posted and discussed on this list. Glock told me THERE IS NO MAG RELEASE ISSUE. He said I should send Glock the magazines and they would replace them. He said it is a mag issue and not a release problem.

Anyone aware of this ???

Thanx

· GORILLA BROTHER
213 Posts
Yes, i contacted glock last sat by email and got a reply yesterday stating they were sending me two new/updated mags. They arrived today with a prepaid shipping label to return the old ones. What do they do with the old ones? It would be nice to keep them for the range atleast. Especially if there just scraped or thrown away.

· Registered
584 Posts
Yes, i contacted glock last sat by email and got a reply yesterday stating they were sending me two new/updated mags. They arrived today with a prepaid shipping label to return the old ones. What do they do with the old ones? It would be nice to keep them for the range atleast. Especially if there just scraped or thrown away.
Can you take pics of the new ones alongside of the old ones?
Are the numbers on the back the same on the replacement mags as the originals?

· troy ounce gold
1,708 Posts
I was under the impression that the ones marked 33388 are the latest. It is marked 1 on the follower. My G43 was test fired 7/2. Even the mags sold at GT Distributors were marked 33388 on the back and 1 on the follower. :dunno:

· GORILLA BROTHER
213 Posts
Im unable to post pics for some reason. My phone is having issues with the new format. Just by looking at the new mag compared to the old one i cant find a differance. The old mag follower also has a 1 on it. The only thing is the 01 underneath the 33388.

· troy ounce gold
1,708 Posts
I am missing the 01 under the 33388. I guess I may need to have my mags replaced (including the ones bought from GT Distributors last Monday).

· troy ounce gold
1,708 Posts
Are you having issues with your mags? Mine do not have 01 under the 33388 and they work perfectly fine.
No issues so far but then again I have avoided jamming them angled which has caused the hang-up for others. I would rather have the good version than to possibly encounter the problem later with the mags I currently have.

Reactions: FireForged

· Registered
1,139 Posts
No issues so far but then again I have avoided jamming them angled which has caused the hang-up for others. I would rather have the good version than to possibly encounter the problem later with the mags I currently have.
To each their own. If you aren't having problems now with YOUR gun I doubt you will see any 5 years from now.

· Registered
172 Posts
Same here, no problems what so ever. Over 200 rounds at the range and multiple mag. ejects at the house.

Did you guys have a problem with yours who sent them back in, or did you just hear it was a 'problem' and do it ?

Both of mine are 33388 also, but no 1 on the follower....(test fired 6/23/15)

· GORILLA BROTHER
213 Posts
I posted awhile back i wasnt having the issue. But if i tried to insert the magazine at the right angle it would catch on the mag release. This is my carry gun and theres no room for error when your life may depend on it. So i contacted glock and 3 days later my replacement mags showed up. Now i need to ship them the bad ones back.

· Registered
172 Posts
I posted awhile back i wasnt having the issue. But if i tried to insert the magazine at the right angle it would catch on the mag release. This is my carry gun and theres no room for error when your life may depend on it. So i contacted glock and 3 days later my replacement mags showed up. Now i need to ship them the bad ones back.
Can you tell a difference w/ the new ones....I assume you tried to insert them in at an angle also?
Trust me, this is my carry gun also so I fully understand where you are coming from. Let me ask you another question, was it hanging up when you shoved a mag in regular speed, or was is hanging up when you slowly forced it in from an angle ?

I put another 150+ rounds today through mine with no problem, I don't think I'm going to bother with it.

· GORILLA BROTHER
213 Posts
Can you tell a difference w/ the new ones....I assume you tried to insert them in at an angle also?
Trust me, this is my carry gun also so I fully understand where you are coming from. Let me ask you another question, was it hanging up when you shoved a mag in regular speed, or was is hanging up when you slowly forced it in from an angle ?

I put another 150+ rounds today through mine with no problem, I don't think I'm going to bother with it.
These new ones do not hang up. It was happening no matter what speed i was inserting the magazine. It would not go in unless i tilted the gun a certain way and re-insert the magazine

1 - 20 of 202 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.