Glock Talk banner

G43 magazine extensions available?

7591 Views 27 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  JackDRipper
Has anyone seen any extensions that add a round or two to the basic G43 magazine? I've got a couple Pearce grip extensions that provide a purchase for my pinky finger but add no rounds. I have also visited the Taran Tactical website and watched the Hickok45 video extolling the virtues of the TT extensions, but I have a hard time plunking down $35 (plus shipping) for the additional two rounds. And, as of yesterday, they were out of stock even if I was willing to pay more for an extension than I would for an entire magazine.

Thanks for your input.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
781 Posts
Glockstore and TaranTactical are the only ones out right now that I know of. I read that Pearce will have one out in August. If you order more that 1 from TTI you save a little but you have to check their site almost daily to catch them in stock. I just order 2 from them earlier this week and they should be here tomorrow. A little pricey yes, but seem very well made and great reviews. I like the fact that you can add a round without added much length but then I prefer the mags without the finger extensions.

· Registered
3,566 Posts
I'm thinking a TT +1 extension with MagGuts (when they come out) will be the ticket. That will give me 8+1 without adding much/if anything noticeable to the physical size. I'm not paying the insane current going street rate for a TT extension though so I can wait.

· Registered
788 Posts
I bought 2 of the Taran +1s and my 43 shoots every kind of defensive hollowpoint with total reliability using those.
I've got almost 1000 rounds through them. Several hundred of those are with HSTs, Gold Dots, Critical Dutys.....

Extensions aren't worth sh*t if you can't trust them to not dick up the reliability you want from a Glock. To me the Taran +1s are worth it.

Looking forward to trying Pearce's offerings next month.

· Registered
781 Posts
Just check the TTI site and they are still showing the +1 extensions in black and grey, instock. Buy 2 or more and they are $25 a piece. I ordered mine on Monday night and they will be here tomorrow and shipping was less than 6 bucks.

· Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I called Pearce today and the man who answered the phone confirmed that they are getting their tooling completed for a +1 magazine extension for release some time in August. It will work with the stock spring, he said. Price around $10 like their other extensions.

· Registered
272 Posts
Awesome. I bought their +1 extensions for two of my G42 mags. For anything other than pocket carry I absolutely love them. I will be putting them eventually on all but one of my G43 mags once I can get ahold of them.

· Registered
107,351 Posts
I've got TT +1's that worked great with 147/124/127gr RangerT and 147/124gr Golddots.
I'm interested in Pearce's +1 as I'd like a little more gripping surface.

· Banned
5,193 Posts
Has anyone seen any extensions that add a round or two to the basic G43 magazine? I've got a couple Pearce grip extensions that provide a purchase for my pinky finger but add no rounds. I have also visited the Taran Tactical website and watched the Hickok45 video extolling the virtues of the TT extensions, but I have a hard time plunking down $35 (plus shipping) for the additional two rounds. And, as of yesterday, they were out of stock even if I was willing to pay more for an extension than I would for an entire magazine.
I have the Pearce PG-43 finger rest baseplates on mine; they don't add any magazine capacity, but are a bit better than the Glock finger rest baseplate, and have the same texture as the rest of the pistol.

For additional capacity, I have an extra magazine.

· CAPITALIST
123 Posts
I called Pearce today and the man who answered the phone confirmed that they are getting their tooling completed for a +1 magazine extension for release some time in August. It will work with the stock spring, he said. Price around $10 like their other extensions.
That is great news!

If only Glock could come up with a larger/longer mag or their own extension...

· Registered
624 Posts
>>I've got TT +1's that worked great<<

I just installed one to give it a try, and I could baaareely get that 7th round in. It wasn't until I went back to the website that I noticed it said "remove plastic base before installing". DUH.... After a whole lot of effort to remove it, I got it back together as it should be. I think there should be something in the little baggie it comes in warning that this must first be done, as it's not something I've had to do in the past. Oh, and the other little niggle I have is that the "pin" can't be used should there be a butt plug installed. So, out it came...... (the plug that is)

· Registered
781 Posts
Just received my TTI +1 extensions and got them put on without an issue. Very well made and holds 7 rounds without a problem. Even a little room left. I really like the fact that I get the extra round without adding much length to the magazine. That and how to well they are constructed was worth the cost for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.