Glock Talk banner

G43 Mag dropping out after ext. mag release install

4056 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Konigsberg13
As the title says, I just ordered an extended mag release from NDZ Performance for the G43. I installed it without issue, or so I thought. The kydex holster I carry it in needed some modification to clear the new part, so I just ground off some material from the holster no problem. Went to suit up for work today, go to chamber a round, mag falls out. Thought maybe I didn't seat it good. Tapped it, racked again, mag falls out. Maybe I'm holding the extended button down. Move hand out of the way, tapped, racked, mag fell out. Removed slide in case it was causing too much downward pressure on the mag, tapped mag in, did the pull test, magazine can be pulled right out without pushing the mag release. There is tension on it, so its dragging along the side of the mag, but I guess the catch isn't seating all the way into the notch on the mag. Had to go to work so I grabbed the LCP instead. Will try the stock mag release as soon as I get home. Any ideas?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
CLM #38
10,892 Posts
I am not being a wiseass. In all seriousness almost without fail every Glock I've encountered that malfunctions has after market parts installed. The Glock design is sound until people mess with it.

Put the stock mag release back in and drive on.

Good luck.

Let us know how you make out.

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put the stock release back in, it works fine. Comparing the two, the stock release has much sharper edges where it engages the notch on the mag, the NDZ part has rounded edges. Will try to get a refund from the company, if not, it will go in the drawer of stuff that didnt work on my glocks. Thank you for your input sir.

· Registered
431 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NDS issued me a refund this morning, along with an email stating that they were receiving lots of reports about this issue. The product was only for sale on Ebay, not their website. They have since pulled the listing to get the problem ironed out. The product packaging did list G43 on it. I will look into the Vickers and Surespeed releases.

· Registered
431 Posts
NDS issued me a refund this morning, along with an email stating that they were receiving lots of reports about this issue. The product was only for sale on Ebay, not their website. They have since pulled the listing to get the problem ironed out. The product packaging did list G43 on it. I will look into the Vickers and Surespeed releases.
Ah, that's why I couldn't find any. I have never tried an extended mag release, but hopefully you will find one that works!

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So any feed back on the Vickers extended mag release? I hope it worked out for you.
Just installed the Vickers last night. Not working either but in a different way. Grabs the mag great, but it wont drop free unless you contort your hand and press it in ridiculously far. Sending it back for a refund as well. The stock release is doing the best so far.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.