Glock Talk banner

G43 earns its spurs

2207 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  snowbird.40
Like many Glock fan boys, I had been waiting (impatiently) for Glock to release a single stack 9mm pistol. Along the way I tried lots of small semi autos that were mostly hammer-fired guns and I just could NOT get used to the long trigger pulls; in fact, I hit several 'no-shoots' in IDPA and BUG matches because I pulled down just as the trigger broke.

Finally got my own G43 after reading a lot about the little guy on GT and other website locations. I also found a spare magazine and a Pearce mag extension, so I figured I was ready for my first official IDPA match yesterday. I actually shot it in the BUG division so I was able to just use the 6-round mags and as long as I kept my head in each shot, I didn't have to shoot any makeups. Compared to those in SSP and some other divisions I was a bit handicapped due to the extra mag change, but I can account for that when the scores are posted in the near future.

Mainly I wanted to report that the gun ran without a hitch, except for me not getting my first mag change completed seated. After that, the rounds went where I pointed them ... all of them WWB 115 ball ammo ... which means I now have 142 rounds downrange without a hiccup, including Golden Saber 124 +P, Federal 115 +P+, and BVAC 115 reload HPs.

After reading the recent Guns & Ammo shootout between eight different single stacks, I've decided that my G43 is now ready for concealed carry. I will continue to shoot and practice with the gun in as many IDPA matches that I can locate within reasonable distance. This gun is definitely a keeper.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
59,814 Posts
Sounds to me that you had a lot of fun at the event with the G43.

· Formerly TFLWYO
1,440 Posts
I also shot mine at an IDPA match yesterday. I was planning to shoot the G19 but got a wild hair at the last minute. I prefer the flush base magazines and I have 4 of those. We shot 5 stages which included strong hand only, weak hand only, and shooting from retention. There also were a handful of shots at longer distances. Although the shooter was not 100%, the gun performed 100%. I did run out of ammo before I could make a final head shot on one stage, but a lot of people with 31 rounds ran dry well before me.

If the IDPA rules were not so goofy about magazine retention and requiring someone to top off the first magazine, my results would have been better.

Anybody who thinks they are undergunned because their G43 only has a magazine capacity of 6 has more of a software problem than a hardware problem.

· Proud NRA Life Patron Member, Life GSSF member
12,029 Posts
I also shot mine at an IDPA match yesterday. I was planning to shoot the G19 but got a wild hair at the last minute. I prefer the flush base magazines and I have 4 of those. We shot 5 stages which included strong hand only, weak hand only, and shooting from retention. There also were a handful of shots at longer distances. Although the shooter was not 100%, the gun performed 100%. I did run out of ammo before I could make a final head shot on one stage, but a lot of people with 31 rounds ran dry well before me.

If the IDPA rules were not so goofy about magazine retention and requiring someone to top off the first magazine, my results would have been better.

Anybody who thinks they are undergunned because their G43 only has a magazine capacity of 6 has more of a software problem than a hardware problem.
Appreciate your success and sharing. Gun games can be fun and challenging, but also political and sometimes you see the worst in people.

I would suggest a local Steel Challenge match for speed acquisition and pure shooting feedback. Good Luck.

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Good report, guys! I'm inspired to take mine out for a match instead of the old G34...I'll have to get a few more magazines, but think that I'll have fun with it, based on the feedback I've read so far.

I was actually thinking about takin the G26 out initially, but am going to try out the G43 instead.

· Registered
574 Posts
Like many Glock fan boys, I had been waiting (impatiently) for Glock to release a single stack 9mm pistol. Along the way I tried lots of small semi autos that were mostly hammer-fired guns and I just could NOT get used to the long trigger pulls; in fact, I hit several 'no-shoots' in IDPA and BUG matches because I pulled down just as the trigger broke.

Finally got my own G43 after reading a lot about the little guy on GT and other website locations. I also found a spare magazine and a Pearce mag extension, so I figured I was ready for my first official IDPA match yesterday. I actually shot it in the BUG division so I was able to just use the 6-round mags and as long as I kept my head in each shot, I didn't have to shoot any makeups. Compared to those in SSP and some other divisions I was a bit handicapped due to the extra mag change, but I can account for that when the scores are posted in the near future.

Mainly I wanted to report that the gun ran without a hitch, except for me not getting my first mag change completed seated. After that, the rounds went where I pointed them ... all of them WWB 115 ball ammo ... which means I now have 142 rounds downrange without a hiccup, including Golden Saber 124 +P, Federal 115 +P+, and BVAC 115 reload HPs.

After reading the recent Guns & Ammo shootout between eight different single stacks, I've decided that my G43 is now ready for concealed carry. I will continue to shoot and practice with the gun in as many IDPA matches that I can locate within reasonable distance. This gun is definitely a keeper.
Try some 147gr ammo, I shoot that in my LC9 in BUG division.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.