close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured G43: Any news re: hi-cap magazines?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by TCRRT, Oct 23, 2015.

1. TCRRT

TCRRT

Hi, just joined up, made the requisite intro thread in the proper place :). I'm not finding anything promising on Google so I just wanted to ask those of you in the know if you are aware of anyone that makes, or is planning to make, high-capacity magazines for my new G43? I am aware of the Taran +1 and +2 grip extenders (as well as the others made my Pierce, Lone Wolf et al) and am planning to grab some tomorrow, but what I really want is a 10/15/20/whatever-round magazine for when concealing isn't a priority and too many punkass milk jugs and porcelain tiles are gettin' all up in mah biz, yo' (did I use the vernacular right? :D ). I'm holding my gun to the side and everything!

Heh. But seriously, I'm dying for more capacity. The +1/+2's will be great for concealing and will banish the "should've just bought a damn .357 snubbie" thoughts, but a nice, big, sticking-outta-the-grip hi-cap would just make my day! Any info is much appreciated! I knew when I bought the G43 that I was making compromises but the puny 6-rounders are grating on me more than expected. Thanks!

Tom

Moose566 likes this.
  2. Terlingueno

Terlingueno

3. TCRRT

TCRRT

Yes, smartass, I know. :) But I needed the slim profile for concealment. The double-stacks are too fat for my liking.

Jor327 likes this.
  4. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

I'm thinking about the +2 base plus magguts kit for 9rds total. Got them for my G42, but never installed them after getting the 43.

5. njl

njl

I wouldn't count on Glock producing any "big stick" mags for the 43. If you want capacity for a range gun, get a G17 and some 17/19/33 round mags for it. The 43 is a compact concealed carry gun, not a duty/range/plinking gun.

Willard and lazarus66 like this.
  6. TCRRT

TCRRT

I see your point, but alas, ALL my guns are also plinking/range guns, no matter what primary purpose I bought them for: My Omen .300WM AR that I bought for extreme range (and, I admit, cool factor) also gets range time and blows away milk jugs; my bedside Mossy 500A, purchased for home defense, also goes to the range and blows away thrown ceramic tiles with birdshot, and so on. Besides the fact that its fun, what better way to remain proficient with each?

As for the 43, when being carried, I'm only going to use the factory mags, maybe with +1 or +2 extenders. But for range/plinking? I'm waiting for a hi-cap, even if its aftermarket. And yes, I intend to practice plenty with the factory mags too of course. Again, I see your point, but to me its impractical to just buy a whole other gun when instead I can just get a hi-cap....Not to mention I already have the 3 other Glocks :p (20, 22, 29)!

7. tacbandit

tacbandit Tacbandit

8. tacbandit

tacbandit Tacbandit

As the Glock rep told me today, there are no plans for any kind of extension/hi cap mag for the Glock 43... Because of the design to be as compact and concealable as possible, adding to the gun is taking away from the intended purpose...I'd recommend as he did to carry an extra mag or two...which we should be doing anyway, because of Mr Murphy...

9. FireInCairo

FireInCairo

10. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

If you're dying for more capacity, and like to experiment, you can purchase more 43 mags, remove the baseplate, sleeve them together (or gorilla tape), insert a flat piece of sheet metal between the end of each spring and make one long mag.

May work better than ya think.

There was some yahoo on Utube that did this with some other gun.

11. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Witless Protection Program

Trump Tower, overlooking the wall Mexico bought.
    You can double your capacity if you don't mind it sticking out of the grip with a second extended mag and some duct tape, butt to butt.
    Just have to do a mag swap halfway through.

Glad I could help.

12. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

13. bub

bub Millennium Member

You will never see a factory extended mag for the G42 and G43, and I'll tell you why.

When you look at the upper left side of a double stack Glock magazine, you will see a flat shelf facing up. If you look at the frame of a double stack Glock, you will feel another flat shelf, this time facing down. When you insert an extended magazine into a double stack Glock, those shelves interact to positively prevent overinsertion. With double stack Glocks, you can put a spacer sleeve on the magazine if you want it to be more comfortable, but it is not necessary to prevent overinsertion.

With the single stack Glocks, there is no shelf on the magazine or frame. For this reason, IMO, you will never see a factory extended G42 or G43 mag. If they had planned to make them, they would have integrated the shelf into at least the frame so they wouldn't have to make another frame mold.

Bub

14. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Bub, this is only a factor if you want to use one magazine as a full-capacity mag for a full-size pistol, and as a extended-capacity mag for a shorter-framed pistol. The shelf is one of the only ways to make this work in two different length pistol frames, but if the extended mag is only for use in a single frame length, then casting/molding a simple mag-stop into the magazine's body works just as well. They could also use a sleeve over the mag body, or even a silly-looking but functional mag baseplate that is extended upward to act as an over-insertion stop.

Here are some examples for 1911-style pistols, and a Glock 30.

mag1.jpg

mag2.jpg

mag3.jpg

15. bub

bub Millennium Member

DJ, that's true but I can't see Glock doing that for the G42 and G43. I can see an aftermarket company like Magpul doing that but not Glock. Of course, I've been wrong before.

Bub

16. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

I think that would work worse far worse than you think.

17. TF2Addict

TF2Addict

Why have a 43 at all then? Why does Glock even make it? Why are you smart asses saying 19 instead of a 26?

Seriously people, enough.

18. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

You may have a pretty good point, right there.

19. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

You should take a look at the Ghost +2 kit. It's more like a mag extension rather than extended base pad. In fact, this setup uses the factory base pad. Excellent design, IMO, and a bit cheaper than some of the others.

**ironically, my previous reply was about Ghost - the band.

20. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

I carry a G43 almost every day. Each magazine for the pistol is equipped with a Pearce +1 magazine base. That gives a capacity of 7+1 onboard and I usually carry a spare magazine in my pocket.

Remember that every round that you carry adds weight and that becomes a drag carrying all day. If it got too burdensome, I'd stop carrying the pistol. In my book, eight rounds with 7 in reserve is plenty.

Flash

kyjd75 likes this.