Glock Talk banner

G42 Reassembly

684 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Mike-M
Just picked up me new 42 and put 200 rounds through. I did a complete teardown and cleaned her up. I have a couple of questions on the reassembly. 1)the plastic piece that resides inside the trigger spring has a slanted side and a flat side. Mine has the flat side up. Is that correct. 2) are the slide lock spring and the firing pin safety spring the exact same spring or do I need to keep track of which one goes where. 3)Does the slide lock notch face the rear like it's big brothers.
I always appreciate the help.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
39,765 Posts
The plastic rod that sits inside the trigger spring has a "straight" side and a slanted side (if you look at them as opposite "sides" of the rod). The slanted side faces UP in the assembled spring assembly.

Another way to check is to look at the complete assembly from either side. The angle of the top-facing rear tip of the plastic rod is roughly at the same slanted angle as the rear of the metal bearing ("rear" meaning as the assembly sits in the gun), right above the small angled tip of the rod as it sticks out of the spring. (The bearing is the hooked metal part that slips over the front cruciform of the trigger bar).

It's also very important that the front of the trigger spring assembly end up snapped into place in the bottom slot of the housing. This requires sliding the front of the plastic rod (in the assembly) down from the top slot.

Now guys, Glock has a warning for armorers, which is that in general, disassembly of the trigger spring is not recommended. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last I was trained (recert last year), the new-style trigger spring assembly is removed from the housing as a complete assembly, and installed back in it as a complete assembly. (Yes, there's a trick to it, as armorers are taught.) Not removed as disassembled, separate pieces that are then reassembled back together inside the housing.

I don't own a G42/43, but if I did, I'd leave the trigger spring assembly in its assembled configuration, even when doing an armorer disassembly and inspection (unless I saw/suspected something actually wrong with one of the assembly components), and just blow off any residue or fouling.

That's just me, though. I like minimizing the potential for unnecessary, user/owner-caused wear & tear, or damage, of assemblies, by taking them apart when it's not necessary.

If you're concerned about the condition of the assembly, take it to the nearest Glock armorer and have it checked (and replaced, if it's been damaged).

Just my thoughts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.