Glock Talk banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Couple thoughts for the OP
-lose the mag extension
-fill your magazine with the GD, lock the slide back, and let it slam on the charged magazine. Don't ride it, let it slam.
-as others have noted, shoot the gun to test it. Handcycling proves nothing.
Beyond that, do be in touch with Smyrna. How is your trigger? Tell them you want it to meet the 5.5 lb spec (it is likely a lot heavier now), They will swap magazines, and extra 03s are becoming pretty common online. You'll want the slide stop changed out as well. Talk to CS, tell them your issues, and see how long you might be without the gun, and if they will ship it on their dime. The trigger issue alone will likely get you a free ride to Georgia, since the gun isn't in spec.
Moon

Tornado, that's not quite the point I was trying to make. And yes, you should be able to chamber a round that way.
I was concerned that the OP wasn't allowing the slide to slam forward without drag. When we're teaching newbs to shoot, we often have them charge the gun from slide lock because they tend to granny the slide forward (fearing they'll hurt it). I want the OP to let 'er slam, and see if that solves his problem.
Moon

Reactions: GoetzTalon
Yes
Will Glock swap older mags out for 03's?
Took my 2015 G42 about 400 rds run through it to GLOCK for a check up they replaced my 02 mags as well as the firing pin and the trigger group for free mine had the new slide stop already as well as frame # 2 when made. They like to see the guns to determine what needs to be replaced or modified. I waited about 45 min You can send it in. If you call main number and ask for warranty service they will tell you how to send it. If you still have the fired casing its package has a test fire date that is close to the production date.

Additionally if you have fired 5000 Japan rounds you probably need a new recoil spring.

Not if your failure issues are related to using reloads , do not pectoral the services too be free

Concur with the Major regarding taking the mag back to stock (the non-OEM extensions get mixed reviews here), but I'd still swap the mags for the new ones. It's cheap insurance and little trouble.
Moon

My g42 kinda had same issue with the lehigh max expansion bullets,slide would hang up or shutter with first round.If I put another kind of shell on top of mag it would feed the lehighs and fire without a problem.But the lehighs have a much bigger opening in hollow.point than any other hp.Stopped using any hollow point and went with lehigh extreme defense.more penetration,bigger wound cavity than any hollow point.And you dont have to worry about if hollow point will clog up and expand like its supposed to
re

...Does anyone know a decent site to purchase 003 mags? Ive poked around a few sites but none specify what series the mags were. I don't want to end up with more early series mags.
Send your 01 and 02 G42 magazines to Glock and they will send you 03 magazines. Don't have to make special arrangements. Just mail them to Glock and include your return address. They turn it around in one or two days.

That was step one for me. I continued to have problems so the Glock tech told me to send it to them, express shipping paid by Glock. They replaced a number of parts which had been updated since my 42 was manufactured. Got it back in two weeks. They gun operates flawlessly. Gobbles up anything.

Make sure you're charging from slide-lock, or pull the slide all the way to the rear and release it smartly. I've installed 'tactical slide rackers' to let me get a better grip on the 42 slide.
Moon

It will likely break in with some repetitions. I make a point of charging from slide lock in snubby league.
Moon

When loading new mag,I always rack the slide.Like I said.my slide stop wont release slide.by just pushing button.With the lehigh max expansion,the slide would.go halfway and then I would have.to pull back and let it go into battery that way.or.it wouldnt even go into feeding ramp.But if I put another fmj round on top of mag of lehivhs it would cycle and shoot no problem,I dont understand it.

The message here may be to use different ammo, maybe? I suppose having the first round of ball isn't the end of the world, but anything that is contrary in a defense round makes me twitchy.
Moon

Take it back to stock magazines. If the problem still exists, call Glock, explain your failure mode and request they send you a prepaid shipper and return the gun. In stock condition, the gun should run 100% on factory ammo. It will likely come back 100%.

The g42 has factory 03 mags in it.only aftermarket parts on it are a ghost connector and a ryg phantom trigger.I switched ammo to federal hydrashock for now even tho Im not fond of hollow points.I ordered a box of.lehigh xtreme defense ammo,so we shall see how that goes.oh and the federals shoot and cycle no problem.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.