Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help from some of you experts.

Converting Gen4 G41 to 10mm have couple of questions:

Instead of putting on a G40 complete slide, is not a better deal to buy a KKM 10mm barrel and a naked slide and assemble and put on G41 frame?

Are G20 internal slide parts same as G40 and can be used to do the above?

Thanks!

·
Banned
600 Posts
Well I am quite sure the 41 slide with RMR sight is least a bit more weight than a 20/21 slide so with the right RSA and barrel will make it work just fine. It just the cost of barrel that is costly.

·
Registered
126,311 Posts
Well I am quite sure the 41 slide is least a bit more weight than a 20/21 slide so with the right RSA and barrel will make it work just fine. It just the cost of barrel that is costly.
Honestly, I’m not sure it is and overall weight isn’t always the deciding factor anyway. I know it’s been done before, but just saying.

Good luck and be safe.

·
Transform & Win
3,349 Posts
Well I am quite sure the 41 slide with RMR sight is least a bit more weight than a 20/21 slide so with the right RSA and barrel will make it work just fine. It just the cost of barrel that is costly.
The G41 slide is remarkably light at under 14 oz being purpose built for the power of 45ACP +P and less. The weights of the bare slides, without barrel and RSA, are shown below in increasing order (slight difference in the sights installed).

G41..Gen 4 OEM sights 13.97 + Trijicon RMR & Battery (1.15 oz.) = 15.12 oz.
G21..Gen 4 GNA sights 16.70
G20..Gen 4 OEM sights 17.30
G40..MOS 4 OEM sights 20.80

Reference: Glock Slide Weight Chart

Try to keep the ejection distance of spent brass at 8 ft or less to minimize battering damage to the frame with extended use. A stronger RSA certainly will be necessary for the G41 conversion to 10mm and possibly a compensator too depending on the 10mm ammo fired (for example, Underwood products).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts