G40 10mm m.o.s hunter, red dot question?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by palmettostomper, Feb 8, 2017.

1. palmettostomper

palmettostomper

hello, just bought my first glock. need help choosing the proper red dot. looks like my main options are the leupold deltapoint pro & trijicon rmr. i will be using this pistol for hog hunting , 100yrd or less deer hunting, and 25yrd gator hunting. 50% of this will be at night. the auto power up on deltapoint is very important to me..also delta may have a clearer glass with less tint, which is needed for ultra low light. i need to be able to adjust the brightness on the led for low light<night time..without pushing alot of switches.. so im looking for self power up, clearest , low tint glass, adjustable led for low light and device remembers last setting, wide view plan for running hogs and will fit directly for the G40 10mm m.o.s with supplied plats without needing extra parts.

2. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

I see different dots in USPSA Competition Carry Optics Division all the time. The DeltaPoint Pro is far and away better than the RMR, plus the window is much larger. Be sure to get the 2.5 MOA dot for hunting. Here he is making a run with it at a local match.

palmettostomper likes this.

3. Bill in Oregon

Bill in Oregon

I just received the Vortex Venom 3 MOA sight from the big brown truck today. Then I realized the Glock M 40 MOS I bought slightly used didn't come with the mounting plates -- or the owner's manual or the cleaning rod or the punch.

4. palmettostomper

palmettostomper

Thank you for the response, have any advice for taller iron sights that will conwitness with the deltapoint ?