GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Has anyone seen a threaded barrel for the G37? Lonewolf shows them for the G38 and G39, but they're listed as "limited supply, no backorder". That gives me the impression that they might have previously made a G37 barrel, and now they're sold out. I'm not really looking for a one-off custom barrel.

Is there any chance a G21 barrel fits a G37?

Thanks,
Rusty

·
Combat Diver
3,366 Posts
If you find one, please post it here, I will gladly buy one as well.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
A few weeks ago I got a G37 in a trade, with the amount of ammo that came with it I have about 40.00 dollars invested in gun!! I also immediately began looking for a threaded barrel to comp 37 and push GAP to see how far I could go. After searching for awhile I found a L.W. at GlockStore. When I placed order they said it was the last one they had.
I am a little disappointed in barrel as it does not have full chamber support like all other L.W. barrels I have for other guns. This limits the power possible by the strength of case in unsupported area. Safe loads from my Comped 37 was 240 gr. cast at just under 1100 fps , 215 gr. cast at just under 1200 fps and 185 XTP's at 1250 fps. This a major step in performance almost factory loaded 45 Super power from GAP ! If I get time will machine a fully supported barrel for 37 to see how much power is available from GAP.

Only other threaded barrel I found for 37 was on GunBroker I believe and guy wanted like 180.00 or something for a L.W. barrel!

A 21 barrel will not work in 37, the closest barrel to 37 is G22 but is narrower .

NEVER ATTEMPT TO SHOOT LOADS LIKE LISTED FROM STOCK GUN !!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lone Wolf replied to my question, and confirmed that they're getting out of the GAP barrels, so if you think you'll ever want a threaded barrel for the G38 or G39, now's the time. Sadly, it's too late for new G37 barrels unless you can find a dusty one sitting on the back of a shelf somewhere. The only other option is used, and I saw the one that sold for $188 in the "completed items" search of GB.

Thanks for confirming that a G21 barrel won't fit. I suspected as much. Now I have to wonder if there's any difference between the Gen3 and Gen4 G37 barrels. Probably not.

Cheers,
Rusty

·
Combat Diver
3,366 Posts
I was in a tail spin last night looking as well, not really even sure why. I am thinking about one for my G 38. Guess I better think quick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings,

Has anyone seen a threaded barrel for the G37? Lonewolf shows them for the G38 and G39, but they're listed as "limited supply, no backorder". That gives me the impression that they might have previously made a G37 barrel, and now they're sold out. I'm not really looking for a one-off custom barrel.

Is there any chance a G21 barrel fits a G37?

Thanks,
Rusty
I just found that Bar-Sto still makes a threaded barrel for G37, but it's 'SPENSIVE!! $315 and needs fitting. https://barsto.com/product/glock-37-45-gap-extended-threaded/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts