G37 back from Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by jeffedu37, Mar 31, 2005.

1. jeffedu37

jeffedu37

I received my 37 back from Glock today after having problems with the gun ejecting to the rear. It never failed to eject, but, it would send shells back towards me. They figured it was a bent ejector. So, I shipped it to Glock so they could replace it. My question is, why would they replace the trigger bar? Thanks, Jeff

2. therealmarauder

therealmarauder

i don't know this for certain but it's possible that at the factory they pre-assemble the triggerbar and the ejector housing before they get to the reciever assembly line. if this is the case they probably just grabbed a new set and dropped it in. if that's not the case then there may have been an issue with that part as well.

3. ppd1108

ppd1108

Its possible the ejector and trigger with trigger bar in all one piece at the facility in GA. Also what could have happended is that they checked the engagement of the firing pin with the trigger bar. If this is out of spec then the remedy is to replace the trigger bar.

4. jeffedu37

jeffedu37

Makes sense, thanks.

5. Adam Thiel

Adam Thiel

How is the gun shooting now?

6. ShipWreck

ShipWreck Beretta 92 Nut!

I sent mine in a while back for something else, and they changed all internal parts. They might have just swopped everything.

7. jeffedu37

jeffedu37

It shoots better, but not where it should be. It does not eject all the casings at me just 60% or so. I have the gun going back to Glock again and this time I beleive they will replace the whole pistol. Glock has been very, very nice about this. It hasn't ever failed or even come close, but, Glock said that it's definitely not normal to eject rearward towards me. I went into Glockmeister to pick up a few magazines and he said that he has been seeing more 37's with the same issue. I asked if he remembered the manufacter dates but he didn't. Maybe something with a select run of 37's ? Oh well, I love the gun and it proved even with this issue, 100% reliability. I can't wait to get it back so I can try out my new Comp-Tac IWB holster!

8. jeffedu37

jeffedu37

Shipwreck, why did yours go back to Glock?

9. ShipWreck

Refinishing and new night sights. I also wanted the slide stop replaced since it was worm (the finish was worn on it). So, I sent the whole gun in, not just the slide. Plus, I had heard that they replace all springs and such when you send the gun in.

My G26 is 7 years old. They changed the extractor and all internal parts. The thing that pissed me off is that the new night sights were damaged right out of the box. The white circles were worn off almost. So, that didn't happen in shipping, it was done that way. They sent me a call tag and they have the slide now. Hopefully I will get it back soon.

Now I wish I would have left the sights alone, or gotten fober optics sights. I've had Trijicons sights on a 1911 before, and they were much nicer than the trijicons that Glock is installing.

10. jeffedu37

jeffedu37

I didn't know Glock offered that. You must use your 37 quite a bit? CCW? I have really liked the Mepro's on both my Glocks. Good luck to you and thanks for the information, Jeff.

11. ShipWreck

Yes, my 26 was 7 years old. And, I have used it as my main CCW gun. Even the Glock will get wear in and out of a leather holster after a while.

If I could do it over and get my money back, I would get fiber optic sights, even though it would be on a CCW gun.