close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G37 Ammo

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by jjayh, Mar 29, 2004.

1. jjayh

jjayh

Winchester shows a 230 gr. WinClean® Brass Enclosed Base cartridge. Does anyone know where it can be purchased from. All of my normal ammo sources carry other brands of 45GAP

Thanks,

Jerry H

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Jerry,

I think you might experience firing problems when using WinClean in a striker fired pistol like Glock. Speer ammo was used to test and develope the G37's, so that may be your most reliable choice.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

The 200gr Speer Lawman shoots great, if you are shooting factory ammo. Reloading is even better.

4. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

It is my understanding that the 230 grain Winchester stuff is just now getting into the pipeline. It will probably be available shortly at your local supplier if he sells enough GAP ammo. You might call around some of your local suppliers to see if they can get it. :)

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

I can't speak specifically to the 45 GAP, but my experience with Win BEB in other cals is that it's more likely to experience a feeding problem; never experienced an ignition problem due to a brass-enclosed base bullet. I don't shoot any BEB for practice any more in anything and, for the GAP, would recommend waiting to get the equivalent of WWB or some other quality ammo. Just my $.02 :)