close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G36

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by eric2684, Sep 19, 2012.

1. TheGlockTalker

TheGlockTalker

Dang it!!!!!!:steamed:

2. Skipper49

Skipper49

I'm on my second 36, just getting it last May. Great pistol for daily carry. Buy a 36 with confidence.

Skip

3. captcurly

captcurly

Started carrying a G 36 in Feb.,2002 and last year updated to a new one. Both G36s have functioned at 100%. I would not make an opinion on a rental pistol. As you know with a rental you do not know how it has been maintained. Most G36s will not tolerate a limp wrist grip. IMHO the G36 is the best CCW in 45ACP on the planet. Try the G26 and the G27. The G27 has a very snappy recoil and IMHO a bit more than the G36. Good luck to you in your decision.

4. porschedog

porschedog

As was said above, making a decision based upon a range gun is a bit rash to say the least
    Those of us who actually own a 36 will attest to its reliability and accuracy

5. R*E

R*E

I thought glocks were supposed to function no matter how nasty dirty they became. :dunno:

6. tuica

tuica

If Glock announced they would stop production of the G36, I would buy another - just in case!

7. ghostrider88

ghostrider88

8. SmithietheFox

SmithietheFox M76Valmet

We're Glock 36s around in 2000?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  9. rimshaker

rimshaker

The 19 and 36 have almost identical dimensions. Heck even holster manufacturers use a single holster model for both.

That being said, I'll stick with carrying my 19 instead of buying a 36... as much as i would love to have a 45acp ccw.

10. kindaclever1

kindaclever1

I have a gen 4 27 and 23 and well as a gen 3 23 and 36. I like all my glock but by far my favorite is the 36! Oddly enough it is also the one that conceals the best on me. Yes even better then the 27!

11. bobtheelf

bobtheelf

Stuff happens. My brother has a G36. The only time I shot it with him we put ~100 rounds through it with zero issues. It's a great gun IMO.

12. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

I did exactly that, for "just in case".

I'm open to buying a third G36, if I ever come across one in a private sale (which is the only way I buy).

I would happily give $100 over retail for another G36 if offered in private sale.... maybe more.

13. kindaclever1

kindaclever1

This news just crushed me! :faint:

14. MikeG36

MikeG36

15. butcher_block

butcher_block

love mine and have over 5k round through it (had 3 hickups in the first 500rounds but it was my first pistol so might have been me.) other then those 3 its been perfect.

i want to get a 2nd one and once i get better at milling parts i want a longslide 9x23 or 38 super (jsut think 8-9 rounds of super hot 9mm )

16. oscarswanson1

oscarswanson1

From what I'm reading here it sounds like the G36 I had bought new a few years ago and jambed even after a trip back to Glock is now fixed?

17. bunk22

bunk22

I purchased a brand new G36 back in Aug/Sep 2010 and it was a jam monster. Got rid of it shortly after owning it. Everyone makes lemons once in a while. Last month, I was out of state, went to a local range where I was staying and rented a few guns. One of which was a Gen 3 G19, it was dirty and filthy, had not been cleaned in a while. It jammed every other round. Took it back to the front and the guy behind the counter looked perplexed, he said Gen 3 G19's don't jam (failure to feed btw). He took the gun back and it had broke, something internal had snapped. So my point is it's difficult to judge a gun by a single range gun.

18. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

I carried one for 3 years, put about 4k rounds through it and all of a sudden it crapped the bed. Some sort of malfunction every 30 rds or so. I struggled with solutions, until I finally rebuilt the entire slide. I shot 500 test rds and then decided I liked my Kimber Ultra Super Carry better.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  19. emb111

emb111

I've had a 36 for 8 years and except for operator error, it performs flawlessly. It seems that too many folks are too willing to blame the gun for any and all malfunctions. Pistols jam for a variety of reasons from limp wristing to bad ammo. Factory ammo is not flawless. I've had squib loads in WWB and UMC in both 40 and 45. Perhaps a round just didn't get enough powder. They're WB and UMC for a reason.

For example, I worked up a load a for my Springfield 1911A1. At lower presures-stovepipe. Couple of tenths solved the problem. At some ranges you are required to shoot their ammo. Lord knows where it came from and how its loaded. Bad form for just a few instants-stovepipe.

Pistols jam for a lot of reasons. Albeit they can jam for mechanical and design reasons, most are caused by the ammo or the operator. The 36 is a great little performer. Don't be so quick to condemn it based upon a one time experience with a rental gun and a lack of analysis. Perhaps a revolver?

20. ryan_75

ryan_75

I bought a G36 last week for a CCW and I love it. I have fired 100 rounds of FMJ without a single problem. Next, I'll try some self defense ammo before I trust her enough to carry.