close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G36 trigger guard issue

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by thestuff, Aug 14, 2011.

1. thestuff

thestuff

When I shoot the G36 I develop a blister or sore(like a hangnail) on my trigger finger to the point that it is painful to shoot the 36. It seems that I position my finger on the bottom end of the trigger and my finger rubs on the trigger guard. I have larger hands and repositioning higher on the trigger has not been successful.
    Question then is do I have to go to a larger weapon, different configuration or is there a way to bevel the trigger guard for more room at the tip of the trigger?

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

The 36 is unique to the Glock family line up so it basically sets in a field of its own. The cool thing is ... it is still a Glock. If you have a plastic part rubbing somewhere it shouldn't... cut, file or grind it away

3. thestuff

thestuff

So, I can use a dremel on the trigger guard to reduce the thickness and give my finger more room? If so, then what would you suggest as a grinding guage to do this without gouging or tearing up too much.
    I have tried to use a small hand file without any success...material too tough. I have a dremel so would like recommendation as to grinding material.

4. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Use the file to rough it in and the dremel to touch it up.

5. thestuff

thestuff

Thanks for your assistance.