close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

g36 recall?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by phil evans, Jul 3, 2011.

1. phil evans

phil evans

friend is selling a g36.
    he has heard that there was a factory recall on the model 36, that is specific to a single problem and a limited group of serial numbers.
    does anybody have any information to help him.
    thanks for help.

2. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Gen4 BETATester

I would call Glock this questions been coming up a lot lately and there seems to be very little information on it. So I go straight to the source for more info I am sure with the serial number they can tell if its part of a recall or not.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011

3. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

I did a Google search (great resource) and only found some references to a recall in 2005, nothing current.

Here is the recall notice
    Quoted Text
    25 May 2005

Glock prides itself in the quality of its pistol and the quality of its manufacturing process. Despite our high standards, however, it has recently come to our attention through our quality testing efforts that a limited number of Glock Model 36 pistols may have an abnormality that could possibly interfere with the operation of the Glock trigger safety. The affected pistols require a simple but necessary modification1 to ensure the trigger safety operates as intended. IT IS ESSENTIAL FOR THE SAFE OPERATION OF YOUR GLOCK 36 THAT THIS MODIFICATION BE MADE AT GLOCK'S U.S. HEADQUARTERS IN SMYRNA, GA.

If you possess a Glock Model 36 with a serial number in the ranges below PLEASE IMMEDIATELY UNLOAD THE FIREARM AND CLEAR THE CHAMBER. Deliver the pistol to:

1.A UPS Hub (not a store)
    2.The place of business where you purchased the firearm of a dealer in your area with a daily UPS pick up.
    ***Always have the package boxed and labeled with the preprinted return label attached*** If you have any problems with this UPS shipping procedure, please contact Costumer Service toll free at 1-800-701-1558.

Glock will quickly perform the modification and return your pistol to you at no cost. The serial number of your Glock 36 can be found on the silver serial number plate located on the underside of the frame towards the front of the pistol.

The affected serial number ranges2 are:

GKD 000-999

GLM 000-9993

GRC 500-999

Glock takes the safety of our customers very seriously. Safety and the quality of our products are always our highest concern. We appreciate your immediate attention to this matter and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If you have any questions or concerns please call Glock, Inc. Customer Service toll free at: 1-866-538-3517

Sincerely,
    Glock, Inc.

4. phil evans

phil evans

thanks very much for the information.

5. hikerpaddler

hikerpaddler

No recall, but as noted, call glock to see if any parts have been upgraded.

6. Fedor

Fedor

From what I've heard, the G36 has always been problematic?

7. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

On the internet. In the real world, they're as reliable as any other glock. The only reason I don't still have one is their lack of capacity.

8. Texcowboy

Texcowboy

Mine is a 2010 model G36, no problems. It is one of my favorite (along with my G26 and G33) Summertime concealment handguns.

9. Glock Master

Glock Master

I have a 2010 model G36, no problems with it. :thumbsup:

10. WIKD

WIKD

I know this is an old thread but since I found this out today and the G36 is a fairly popular gun I wanted to share. I called today and found out my G36 is also in need of the frame modification and it's serial number is EVR not the G's. And from what the tech in Smyrna stated it's the same work as described in the recall notice above. Just wanted to share, especially since I'm the original owner and was never notified.