close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G36 recall?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scosgt, May 29, 2011.

1. scosgt

scosgt

I recently purchased a G36 off a fellow shooter. The serial number does appear on the recall list.
    Is there any way to tell if it was already sent in other than to call Glock?

Anyone know what the upgrade entails (parts or some frame mod).

Asking because I am a New Yorker and any shipping/modification to handguns becomes a permit nightmare.

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

A phone call is a temporary inconvenience so be sure to start there!
    Call Glock Inc and get a solid answer right from the get go.

3. scosgt

scosgt

I did call and it was sent in to Glock for the recall in 2006. It seems they made a relief cut in the frame, so the implication is that the trigger safety lever would hang up on the frame and render the gun - USELESS.
    Anyway, it seems like something you could probably do yourself in two minutes with a file, but whatever, it was taken care of and I am good.

The G26 BTW is a great shooter, but I had to tame the sharp plastic edges with a Hogue grip (cut down to fit). Now I don't think it recoils any more than my G23, and it shoots dead center.

BTW mine came with the Tru Glo fiber optic night sights, and they are very nice. I imagine that the installer had to cut down the front sight screw (my G36 was made in the end of 2005, so I don't know what series that makes it). It does have a shiny finish on the slide, looks like black chrome. Tech support told me that is just the "finish du jour", and it changes all the time.

4. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

The early G36 slides did not have a relief cut around the front sight. this caused a few issues with front sight screws. All you had to do is shave the thickness of the screw down enough to get passed the barrel under recoil.
    If your slide lacks the recess cut, you have an early G36