close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G36 questions

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by biggin215, Feb 3, 2010.

1. biggin215

biggin215

I have a G30 and rotate it and my G19 in my EDC. I really liked the G36 when I first saw it at my local gunstore. I am just wondering if anyone who has carried the G30 and G36 notice that much of difference when carrying.

2. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman Nuclear Trunk Monkey

I did, most definitely. I actually traded in my G30SF for a G36, and couldn't be happier. One thing I'll say about the Glock 36 is that its a pain to shoot.....for me, it literally downright hurts after 25 rounds.....it has one heck of a bark and bite though. :supergrin: The G36 is actually thinner than my G19C.

3. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

the downfall is you only get 6 rounds, 7 if you use a +1, 8 if you use a +1 and have one in the chamber.

I don't find it painful to shoot, but you gotta hold on tight because it's so small.

4. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

I love mine (still have the 30SF.) I just put around 200 rounds through it last week in one session and could probably have shot more so to me it's not too bad to shoot.

5. Currahee

Currahee NRA Member

It is much easier to conceal due to its thinness. I don't think the recoil is too bad, and besides this is gun for close quarters personal defense, not for fun. I feel plenty comfortable with 7 rounds and an extra magazine.

If you are looking for something much smaller than a G30 you should also look at the Walther PPS. It is available in 9mm or .40 and is good if you want something easy to conceal without going to a pocket pistol.

6. dumbbell

dumbbell

I have a G30 and a G36. The 36 is my everyday carry because it is considerably easier to conceal and much lighter, and I carry the 30 whenever I am going out of town anywhere. The 36 doesn't shoot as great as the 30 does, but still is fun to shoot. I've put 200 rounds thru mine in a session and had no problems with any wrist pain. +p thru the 36 has noticeably more kick than regular acp rounds, but still fun to shoot. and just a side note, i have the 30sf and the 36, put over 500 rounds to date thru each one, and not ONE hiccup. I have been very pleased with each one.

7. biggin215

biggin215

Thanks for the help guys! Thats exactly what i needed to hear!

8. chicky

chicky

good news. i have my new 36 on order. should have it in a few days. was wondering how it compares to my 23 recoil. i realize it is a 45 compared to a 40, but was a little courious.

9. TonyT

TonyT

I opted for the G-36 since it was slimmer than the 9mm or 40 S&W double stack models. I did not find the G-36 to be difficult to shoot although I would not want to shoot 50 rounds in a short time. I have shot it at an IDPA match for ca 80 rounds in 2 hours without a problem. The G-36 is surprisingly accurate and mine has been totally reliable with a wide variety of handloads.
    All that being said I found I could not reliably conceal the G-36 at all times and have recetly opted for the Kahr PM-9 in a pocket holster.

10. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

I don't think it recoils as much as my .40 caliber Glocks.
    And spare me the push/ flip BS. :supergrin:

11. Currahee

Currahee NRA Member

The recoil is really not a problem, and like the guy above me said - it is a pretty accurate little gun. Personally I think it is great. I would much rather have a gun I can grip easily and shoot one handed better than a few extra rounds.

12. buckshotshorty

buckshotshorty

I have a G30, G36, G27, and G23. Recoil of each are similar. If you can handle the recoil of the model 23, you can easily handle the recoil of the 36.

As far as comparing the G30 to the G36 for carry, I find the G36 much easier to carry. I almost never carry the G30 because of its thickness.

Here's a side by side:

[​IMG]

13. chicky

chicky

all good news about the g36. you read so much any more about how bad a and un-reliable it is. good to hear great things about it. can't wait to get mine.