close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G35 to .357sig- Safety Issue?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bigred1, Jan 26, 2010.

1. bigred1

bigred1

I know this has been covered but I have not seen it put in terms of a safety issue. I recently listened to a debate at a gun club about shooting .357sig ammo in a gun "designed" for .40 ammo. They were talking normal factory loads. Nothing on the high end or hand loads. Arguments were heard for both sides but nobody had a defintite answer. Owning a g35 I was wondering is there actually any merit to the argument? I like the .357sig and was considering it. Now I want to look into it more. Ideas? Barrel suggestions? (sorry this is so long) I am familiar with the dynamics of the whole swap and the characteristics of the two calibers.

2. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Never anything remote to an issue shooting my KKM .357SIG 6" barrel in the G35 or G34.

We're talking thousands of rounds here, not hundreds.

'Drew

3. cbsaf

cbsaf

Most of the time a .357Sig gun is just a rebarreled .40S&W gun. A Glock 31 is just a rebadged G22 with a different barrel and different magazine followers. The followers aren't even needed on some brand of guns.

As long as the .357 conversion is made to a spec that will correctly mate up with a .40 gun there is no real danger. The only varible is whether or not the .40 frame and slide can handle .357 pressures and recoil. Most of the time an original .40 gun can handle them.

4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

There are some early G22s that cannot handle the .357SIG round reliably. However since you are using a G35 (which was released after the G31/32/33) you should not have any issues.

'Drew