G35 Mag Release Question

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BushyAR15, Oct 13, 2005.

1. BushyAR15

BushyAR15

I have a couple other Glocks, 21 and 22, I have no problems with the mag release.

But with my new G35, I find the release button to be annoying. I'm not prematurely dropping the mag, but the hard square corners irritate my fingers.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of swapping the release out for a standard release....

2. Rob1035

Rob1035 Skeet Surfer

on a G34 and G26 I shot, both with the extended mag release, I couldn't drop the mag without significantly changing my grip. the standard glock release, I have no problem with, so stock for me. Hope this helps

3. george1107

george1107

I borrowed a 35 to try out because I'm interested in a 34 - is this the best option there is when it comes to mag releases? This 35 pressed from the left side, so I used my left index finger to press the mag release and my thumb on the right side kept it from releasing the mag - so I have to change my grip. I'm new at glock, so are the mag releases ambidex. like on a p220, or not?

4. Hando

Hando

if its just the corners why dont you use a dremel to round them a bit.

5. eric29oklahoma

eric29oklahoma

I had that problem also. It was easily remedied by simply swapping to the standard magazine release. Before I did that I had to wear a Band-aid around my middle finger so it wouldn’t rub it raw. I love it now that it’s fixed,,,, no more Band-Aids WOOHOO!!

6. Rob1035

Rob1035 Skeet Surfer

I slightly beveled the corners of my mag release on the g26, for the same reasons.

7. jdbgmo

jdbgmo

I filed my mag releases on my glocks all most all the way off. Pulling the gun quickly from the holster over and over again was cutting my middle finger on the mag release. Sometimes the mag would hit the dirt in front of me,leaving me with a single shot pistol. I use my left middle finger, keeping my trigger finger on the frame. Its always worked well for me. Right-handed people have trouble operating my mag release now.

8. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

The foam syn sanding blocks by Norton and others are great for braking the corners and edges of the release. Never leaves any "hairs" or feather edges, etc. Usually get the med./fine one, ea. side different.

9. rcr29

rcr29

I put an extended mag release on my G21. The stock one made my trigger finger sore. It is totally unintrusive and feels much better when ejecting the magazine. Best money I ever spent on my Glock.