close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G35... Gen 3 or 4?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by BigSpenda864, Aug 15, 2012.

1. BigSpenda864

BigSpenda864

I am purchasing a new Glock 35 so I can have one gun for both duty carry and competition. I will be getting a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel so I can train with less expensive ammo and compete with 9mm if I want to. I can get either a Gen 3 or Gen 4.

Rumors have been around about problems with the Gen 4 so I joined this site to learn more about any issues. I now see there are a few issues with new GEN 3's as well. The question is, which one should I get?

A competition shooter I train with says I should get a Gen 3. I should also mention he is a gunsmith as well. He believes some parts are better in the Gen 3 then the 4. Also, he says he would change the spring out if I got a Gen 4 but that wouldn't be necessary for the Gen 3. He is not a "Glock guy" so to speak. He mentioned Glock has fixed some of the issues with the Gen 4 but he would still go Gen 3. I just like to get other opinions.

2. Hognutz

Hognutz

I have a Gen.3, 35, and really like it. It is accurate and problem free. I do have a 23 in Gen.4, so I guess I am able to compare the features, anyhow. The backstraps are nice, but if you have a small hand, it is probably a moot point. (I have the med. backstrap in place)The extended mag release works for me. I really don't think that you can go wrong with either one. Plouffedaddy just wrote up a nice review of the Gen. 4, 35. It is worth your while. Good luck with your decision..Mike

3. BigSpenda864

BigSpenda864

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the review!

4. bac1023

bac1023

5. Glock40man

Glock40man

I own a Gen 3 and, I have shot a Gen 4. I'll stick with the "old" Gen 3 but, I don't think you can go wrong either way. I just prefer the Gen 3 G35 YMMV.

6. TRX450R_Racer

TRX450R_Racer Punisher

I have a gen3 g35 and a gen4 g22. I have very small hands. I wear either small or x-small gloves depending on the brand. When I picked up the gen4 I fell in love with the smaller grip size. When I shot it I didn't like the smaller grip. I added the smaller backstrap and all is good. If I could of done it over again I would have bought a gen3 g22.
    On that note I wouldn't be afraid of either. The 9mm seems to be having more problems then the 40.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012