G35 Feed Ramp

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by xray678, Mar 23, 2010.

1. xray678

xray678

My G35 has about half the number of rounds as my G22 (about 800 through the 35 vs over 1700 in the 22). Yet the finish on the G35 feed ramp already has a little strip worn away, while my G22 is showing almost no wear. Is this just a difference in the finish, or is there something causing an abnormal amount of wear on my G35?

Also, the wear on the 35 feed ramp is not dead center, but rather off to the left a little. Is this normal?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  2. W4CNG

W4CNG

The barrel in my G35 was the first thing I changed because the Glock G35 Barrel chamber is not fully supported and can have these and other issues. All my once fired ammo now is reloadable and will chamber check into the aftermarket barrel to fire several more times. The barrel cost just over $100 USD. It functions very well along with it's not twin that has 6 Ports out of the top and is 1 inch longer.

3. ranimal

ranimal

You know, the more I read about Glocks here, specifically the .40, the more I come across wear and tear issues. I like the .40 cal and my Gen 2 G22. However, I am looking for something in .40 that is more of a hunk of metal that will perhaps go longer before parts wear out.

Any suggestions either way would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

4. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

You have to bear i mind that this platform is modified for the .40, not designed around it. There are far less problems inherent with the 9mm Glocks, but that's only because it was originally designed for the 9mm. There are several other manufacturers out there that designed their platform around the .40 and then modified it for the 9mm, which is the more logical thing to do, obviously. Try a Steyr or FNP, just to name a few. It's obvious when you field strip them that they are far more heavy duty than the Glocks are.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  5. mteagle1

mteagle1

I am not concerned where the bullet strikes the ramp as long as it chambers everytime. Everytime I have the gun apart I polish the feedramp because plated flat point 180 gr bullets do not react the same as the Zero 165gr HP's and Montana Gold 155 gr HP's and contact the feed ramp in different places.