Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Love My Glocks
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to see if anyone has had this happen in any of their Glocks. I picked up a new 34MOS Gen4. Pyramid Ultimate Trigger system, Suarez barrel, SS RSA, with a Vortex Razor mounted on it and Dawson co-witness sights. This is my 14th Glock, and I have done similar mods on all of them and no problems. It has around 7 to 800 rounds through it now and has not had a single failure. I have done the standard field and strip after range trips and cleaned. After this last range day, when I went to clean it I decided I needed to clean the slide as well, so I took the back plate off, slid the striker assembly out, and THEN tried to drop the ejector plunger and spring. It was stuck solid. I finally was able to pull just the spring out, but the plunger was left in place. Where it comes out and makes contact with the ejector, I finally took a fine point and tried to easily slip it in between it and the ejector and force it back down the channel. It did not want to budge. After several more attempts with a little bit more force it did finally move, which allowed me to get the ejector and safety plunger removed. This left me a clear path to use a Glock took to push down through the hole, and I finally got the solid part of the rod out. I then took a Q-tip, took most of the cotton off and tried to clean this channel. It was a little black, but not bad and it did not feel like it was hanging up on anything going in or out. I inspected and felt the rod and spring assembly and they both felt smooth as well. Finished cleaning everything and went to reassemble and the rod and spring going in felt stiff going in again. I put everything back together again, cycled the slide and everything appeared to be working fine, just like before I cleaned it. Well, it bothered me, so the next day I went down, took the slide off and tried to take it apart again and ran into the same problem removing the ejector spring and rod assembly, maybe just a little bit less resistance. I tried to run the Q-Tip shaft back up the channel to see if I could feel it hang up anywhere but there was just nothing. I then decided to see if something harder would detect anything so I took my drill set, and started running progressively larger bits up the channel BY HAND ONLY, and finally got one that was close, but not quite the same size as the channel. When I pushed it through I didn't feel anything, BUT, when I twisted it with my fingers a little it felt like it hit something and took it off, like a small burr. I looked and looked on a piece of white paper trying to shake anything out of it but found nothing. Reassembled the slide and when I got to the ejector rod and spring they literally slid in like they were a greased pig. It now feels like all of my others. Should I be concerned with what I found, or just go with it???

I plan a function test at the range Friday with it to make sure nothing has changed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Does the optics RH mounting screw protrude into the extractor plunger channel?

I know from experience that on my milled and RMR'ed G19, the RMR mounting screws are different lengths, with the RH screw a tad shorter. Reverse them and the too-long screw binds the extractor plunger.

·
Love My Glocks
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the optics RH mounting screw protrude into the extractor plunger channel?

I know from experience that on my milled and RMR'ed G19, the RMR mounting screws are different lengths, with the RH screw a tad shorter. Reverse them and the too-long screw binds the extractor plunger.
With the MOS system it does not protrude into it. I've heard of some milled slides having that problem, but with the MOS that was kept out of the equation as far as I know.

Thanks for the suggestion however, any and all ideas are appreciated.

·
Love My Glocks
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I took it to the range to do a function test and ran 10 mags through it. It ran flawless, so I guess I am good to go........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts