close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G34 or G17

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by glockess56, Jun 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I am wondering if anyone thinks like this or if the thinking is just me. I have a Glock 17 and Glock 34 which I love (along with the G26, G27, G19 and G23! When I practice and shoot competitively (GSSF Indoor League, bowling pins, steel plates) it seems that most of the time I'm more accurate and have more confidence with the G17 than the G34. Do others of you Glock people think this way? I do all right with the G34, but it seems I do better with the G17 . In the GSSF Indoor League, I had my highest score with a G17 and my second highest with my G26! I just love my G17 and I would like to hear from others how they compete with the G17 or G34. I'm going to my first GSSF Match at Indy 6/26 and I plan to take the G17, G34 and the G26.

2. fwdave

fwdave

glockess56:

I dont think it matters how anyone else thinks.

For instance, I have shot my G17 and G34 in enough competition to conclude that I shoot the G34 better. If you have done the same, and can conclude that the G17 is better for you, you dont need anyone else to tell you which one is better for you.

I am also going to Indy, will shoot the G17 in Amateur Civilian and the G34 in Competition. The results will be another test of which I shoot better.

In the meantime, I will shoot the G34 in IDPA and and IPSC Production, and a G35 in IPSC Limited and Limited 10.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It's an individual thing. I shoot my G19 best of all.

You may only use your stock G34 in Competition and Unlimited Categories. You may use your stock G17 in Amateur, Competition, master Stock and Unlimited Categories. You may use your stock G26 in all the above plus Subcompact Category.

4. Joe Mamma

Joe Mamma

I have a G17 that I really like and shoot well with. But, I don't have a G34. I am going through the same "which is better" dilema. I have been thinking about "upgrading" to a G34.

I've looked at the specs in detail and talked to shooters at different skill levels who have shot them. I've come to the conclusion that there really isn't much of a difference at all between the two.

Joe Mamma

5. GTA

GTA

In my case, I have a 17 as well, and have competed with it in GSSF for years. But it wasn't until recently that I acquired a 30 and I have consistantly shot better and quicker times. Apples and Oranges???

6. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Well...I have noticed that human nature tends to gravitate to the comfort zone. I shoot my model 22's better than the 35.....I shoot the 22's 12,000 pulls a year compared to 1000 pulls of the 35 a year.I do not own the 35 but have access whenever...I have also noticed and wondered about people who shoot multiple guns and if they feel this compromises their overall progress...I personally find myself confused mentally in going from open sights to an optic assisted setup.I would also assess my lack of adaptability to my gene pool and am amazed at others at their skills in shooting different firearms with great success...I guess thats why they call them Masters :cool: