close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G34 - ok this is odd

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Retseh, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Retseh

Retseh

You guys can make of this what you will, but I would stand on a stack of Bibles and swear that my new G34 has not been fired, but there are 2 very dirty fired CCI Blazer aluminum cartridge cases in a neat little envelope in the box. Photo attached.

I have purchased a lot of new guns, and even one round through the bore leaves a fair amount of fouling, my new P30 .40S&W was filthy after just one test round.

I ran patch after patch down the bore of this G34, I wiped the breach face with a white cloth patch, I even went behind the extractor with a toothpick and white tissue, but nothing.

I have not found one single particle of carbon or anything else, this gun is absolutely clean.

So - either someone else took toothpicks to it after the test firing, or something else is going on here.

I dunno, you tell me :dunno:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  2. WarMachine

WarMachine

Umm, what's your question?

Are you wondering why you gun is clean after having two rounds fired?

Every gun I've purchased has has the little fired casing in the envelope, and none of them have been "dirty" when I took the gun out of the packaging.

3. durabo

durabo

im going to assume that after the test firing... glock puts the gun in some sort of washing machine...

thus... its clean.

4. Retseh

Retseh

I guess I'm saying that this gun looks to have been cleaned after firing.

Makes zero difference to me, but I've had my fair share of new guns and I've always had to clean them.

Maybe Glock is cleaning guns now, it's just odd.

5. Retseh

Retseh

That would make more sense, if so I like it.

6. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

I have never seen two fired cases from Glock in a new gun, only in a repaired gun. The original and a new test round.

7. Range Rat

Range Rat

Bonus Round!

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

These are for states that supposedly have bullistic matching. NY/MD etc. Chances are your dealer tosses em on receipt from his wholesaler.

'Drew

9. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

10. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

That's pretty good analysis. I bought a Bersa 380 a month ago and there was ONE fired case.
    If your theory is right (it probably is) that throws a wrench in their whole requirement some of these states want (California is one of them) to require "microstamping" ammo.
    It doesnt bother me they might have a case knowing which case came from which gun. But you have to wonder how cleaning and wear and tear would affect the marks on the fired case. Machines, any kind of machines, that get used at all show wear, maybe slightly but significantly, and possibly enough to affect a crime analysis and ballistics evidence. And if they wanted to know who wasted that coffee can in the remote lot behind the hillside in the town of Bumfux, CA they might track me down.

11. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Same here.... Always clean...

12. voyager4520

voyager4520

My Aug 09 G27 wasn't dirty, but I definitely found quite a few flakes of aluminum in it from the CCI Blazer test rounds. Besides the aluminum flakes, I could tell it had been fired but it was pretty clean.