close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G34 Gen4 having any problems?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by 06ptcruiser, Apr 9, 2012.

1. 06ptcruiser

06ptcruiser

Is anyone having any problems with new G34 gen4's?

I picked up a brand new one Saturday and had FTE and FTF and slide not locking back on last round.

I expected more from the G34.:crying:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

[​IMG]

I've never had an issue with mine through about 2k rounds; that includes my sometimes limp wristing woman firing it.

3. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

No problems here, man--sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with yours. Mine was put together sometime in November, if I recall correctly, and has all the new internals.

I did break mine in with 124 gr. ammo, which cycled the big slide OK. Afterward, I put some cheap-o WWB 115 gr. and some Tula 115 gr. steel case through it, with no issue. The only thing with the lighter projectiles were that there almost wasn't enough power to cycle that big ol' slide.

What ammo were you putting through yours? I remember that for the G34, I had to stop by Academy for some gun oil before I hit the range, because I was also shooting a new KKM barrel for my G20SF that day. M-Pro 7 gun oil (blue stuff) is what I used to oil those that day.

I also remember that I dry fired that one a lot before it hit the range, too.

4. Spartan24

Spartan24

What's your G34's born date, ejector number, and RSA number?

My 34 is having erratic ejection. About one in 30-40 casings will fly back and bounce off head shoulders or arms.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Should've bought a gen3. ;0 just kidding. When was it manufactured.

6. GTSS

GTSS

I bought one two weeks ago and have had a lot of issues with mine too. I actually signed up on this forum today so that i could ask for advice..

Two weeks ago Saturday I fired about 500 rounds of UMC 115gr and had two stoppages. Both were FTE. I figured these were the result of limp wristing since we were doing "one handed from the ready" drills when the stoppages occured.

On Sunday I fired another 500 rounds of UMC and 100 rounds of WWB and had 4 more stoppages; all were slide locking back on a loaded mag.

This past Saturday I shot 200 rounds of WWB and had 6 more stoppages. All were the slide locking back on a loaded mag. The slide continues to lock open as if the mag were empty. I numbered my mags and have had stoppages with all four of them so I'm pretty sure it is not a magazine issue.

I have fired 1000 rounds of UMC 115gr bulk and 300 rounds of WWB. I've encounted the same stoppages with both ammo makes.

Any ideas?

7. 06ptcruiser

06ptcruiser

How did you get the lettering white on your Glocks?

8. 06ptcruiser

06ptcruiser

Spartan24, Not sure how to find the born date and the ejector is 30274. What is RSA?

9. Keyhole

Keyhole

Looks like TactiCrayola*.

*crayons

10. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Born date is on Yellow envelope inside with factory test shells. RSA is your recoil spring assembly. What are the numbers printed on the stem of it.

11. 06ptcruiser

06ptcruiser

Got it. Thanks. Born on 2/23/12 and RSA is 042.

12. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Next time you go out to the range have the range master or someone that knows how to shoot it have a try. See if they can replicate the problems.

13. Spartan24

Spartan24

Sounds like you have the most up to date parts as per Glock.

Send it into Glock.

14. 06ptcruiser

06ptcruiser

Did that today, and the guy said I was not locking my wrist, but I have been shooting G17 and G23 since 1989 and have had not such problems! Could it be the Gen4 spring or the ammo? I used American Eagle 115's.

15. ijacek

ijacek

To everybody with the slide locking back on full magazine or not locking on empty mag. It is highly unlikely that those types of "malfunctions" are the gun's fault, and most likely it is user induced stoppage. With your grip, and most likely with the thumb you are either unintentionally bouncing the slide lock lever up during the firing [slide locking on full magazine], or you "riding" i.e.: placing your thumb on the slide lock lever a'la 1911-style and pushing it down [slide not locking on empty]. And because G34 comes with extended slide stop lever, those type of issues are more predominant.

To check if it is so, fire full magazine weak hand! No stoppages = user error!

16. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

Would definitely be worth letting someone else shoot it just to see if it replicates. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but did u say it was not locking back after the last round or locking back with rounds in the mag? Is it possible your grip is hitting the extended slide release of the G34? The slide release is larger than other Glocks. This would cause the slide issues you describe. By the way, I had a late model G34 Gen3 and for pelted with brass so issues aren't specific to Gen4 guns.

17. hoghunter82

Guy above beat me to the slide release comment.

18. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Still doesn't answer the question.

19. CCBBKK

CCBBKK

Go grab your gun and dry fire it. See if your support hand thumb indexes along the side of the slide (not slide stop, but the actual slide). If your thumb rides the slide and actually imparts enough friction on the slide, this impedes the movement of the slide that is needed for the reliable functioning of the pistol, especially with these new gen 4s that have the dual recoil spring. At my range there was a guy having the exact same problem with a gen 4 glock 34 and no one else that shot it had any problems, only this guy, who was not a novice shooter by the way. We finally figured out that his support hand thumb was putting enough pressure on the slide to cause problems (stovepipes, failure to feed, failure to eject). He lowered his support hand thumb slightly and indexed it along the frame rather than the slide, and suddenly all of the issue went away permanently. Check and see if maybe this is what is going on.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  20. hoghunter82

This is EXACTLY what happens when I shoot my P30L. The slide stop lever on the HK is about the size of a golf pencil. The G34 slide stop is very pronounced and I'd be willing to bet this is your issue.