close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G34 Gen4 availability?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JohnR357, Mar 21, 2012.

1. JohnR357

JohnR357

I recently bought a G34 Gen4 using my GSSF coupon but the last time I looked there was no G34 Gen4 mentioned on Glocks website. This seems odd. Any ideas why?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

When the factories in both Austria and the USA are working production lines 24/5 and production is still 322,000 units behind sold orders, then the web site is not a very high priority.

Use www.teamglock.com for your info.

3. surfdog

surfdog

^^^ Somehow I'm doubting that the guy or gal in the Marketing Dept that's responsible for maintaining the website is just TOO busy assembling pistols...

4. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Many companies when behind in production/work pull employees from other areas to help to things even if its not their primary job. Example if a hotel has many late check outs and are really busy baring union issues, managers have pulled staff from other areas and themselves have helped prepared rooms, doing simple things to help like vacuuming, taking out trash, etc.

The marketing people could be helping test fire or making sure there are 2 mags, lock, papers etc are in there, or getting coffee/lunch/snacks/red bull/massages for the others working hard. :supergrin:

It seems Glocks website has never really been a priority and the focus has been more on producing guns since they sell/produce so many. Being backed up over 300,000 units, heck if I were in charge I'd get as many people in the admin positions to help in some of the above mentioned areas to alleviate some of the stress where the priority/focus is.

:50cal:

5. surfdog

surfdog

^^^ Can't remember exactly, but wasn't the 34 Gen4 released a year ago? That's a lot of redBULL.

6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

^^^ Lets not forget their probably making many other guns as well. And their still producing Gen 3's. plus I doubt they've filled all their LE upgrades yet form Gen2/3 to 4. I don't remember the exact date of the Gen 4 G34 release but I don't think it was a year ago. DannyR would know.

Plus we don't know if the Gen 5 prototype, or the Glock 7 or the slimline is being secretly produced in time for the NRA Annual Meeting on 4/12/2012 or Shot Show 20-never :supergrin:

7. kensb2

kensb2 pistol n00b

:offtopic:This is generally a TERRIBLE idea in my experience. While in Iraq, arrived to pick up about 6-8 M1 Abrahms tanks to bring back to Kuwait. The unit they belonged to was already gone, except for a few 'admin' soldiers. One of them almost ran over one of our guys driving the tank onto the flatbed. /:rant:

8. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I said many companies not all and during OEF we had to deal with people/admin who were given guns who haven't fired it since basic. One guy almost had a negligent discharge fortunately he didn't have a round in the chamber. One of us could have been shot. But even people with experience can make these mistakes and have. (Please watch the video of the DEA agent)

Yes, I agree not all admin should be doing front line work but my examples are about getting lunch for them and making sure all the mags and paperwork were in the boxes and double checking stuff like that. Plus, my hotel example. And thanks for serving :cheers: