Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ordered my first Glock about 3 weeks ago from a dealer in Ohio under the assumption that it wouldn't take "very long" to come in. The last time I stopped in to check on it, I was told by a shop employee that they have no idea when they'll be in and don't have any info on why there's a delay.

Is this a dealer-related issue or a common condition with all glock dealers right now?
Seems like the communication between my dealer and the Glock rep is poor or nonexistant, otherwise the dealer would have a better response than "I don't have any idea when it'll be in."

Is this common? anyone else having a similar issue right now?
suggestions?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The most recent deliveries of Glocks came in at the middle/end of last week for LE Dealers. Those were for orders made in December. It will probably be a while longer if you ordered 3-weeks ago. Coupled with the number produced vs its popularity, make it a high demand item.

·
Gone Shooting!
1,737 Posts
Glock is currently trying to supply the demand that the Gen 4 G34 will have once it is finally unveiled (which is expected to happen soon). The production of the Gen 3 has been slowed down a bit.

·
Registered
11,605 Posts
The LEO dealers do not normally know when the pistols are going to arrive from Glock.
When UPS unloads the pistols the dealer knows what he has.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The dealer I purchased my last Glock from had the blue lable Glocks in stock; walked in and walked out with my new pistol. :wavey:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Check with Ed's Public Safety (770) 474-6084 in Ga. They are usually well stocked and can ship your pistol for $15 to your local FFL.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What store in Ohio did you get you Blue Label from??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The shop had one for a week while I debated whether or not to buy (also, I was waiting for my GSSF membership card to come in the mail) and then they sold it a few days before I went in to buy. Now I'm disappointed because I have to wait weeks. I'm not angry at the shop, but wished there was better info to know when the gun will be available.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The dealer I purchased my last Glock from had the blue lable Glocks in stock; walked in and walked out with my new pistol. :wavey:
Same here. Granted, if I had wanted a G27, I would have had to wait, but I just pick from what they have. The recent G23 was my 3rd LEO purchase over several years and I've always just shopped what they had. If you go in with a specific model in mind, you may well be disappointed as they appear to have zero control over what they get from the Mothership. I hope yours shows up soon.

emore

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
still waiting from early Jan.; shop guy told me there's been high demand from middle east security forces and LE, but that wouldn't explain why G34 is slow coming.

anyone know why blue labels are slow getting out right now?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Last I knew, Glock is having a hard time keeping up with the demand. The 34 is one of many models out of stock. Hopefully, it get to you quick.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Same happened to me when I went to get a blue label 23. I got there and asked if they had it, the said yes they had plenty. I got a number, waited around for a while, my number is called and....... They don't have any. The guy was nice and said I could preorder one. He said he had no idea when a Glock order would come in. I asked if that meant a couple days or months, he said he couldn't even guess. I ended up getting a 26 instead so oh well.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I ordered a blue label gen 4 G17 last week. The local fun shop has a gen 3 G17 and gen 4 G19 . I took hard look at the G19 but really wanted a G17 gen 4. I am waitinnnnggg.....

·
Fires & Forgets
39 Posts
Check with Ed's Public Safety (770) 474-6084 in Ga. They are usually well stocked and can ship your pistol for $15 to your local FFL.
I gave up on Ed's a month after being on their "wish list" and bought a LNIB LE G34 from a fellow GT'er FTF.

·
Registered
59,812 Posts
I am predicting your gun will be in around the middle of May

(and hope you enjoy it)

·
NRA Life Member
4,969 Posts
I waited 5-6 weeks for my Gen 4 G23 blue label through the GSSF program, but I was told of a wait.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Blue labels are actually near the last of Glock priority list.

First - Blue Labels delivered directly to the Agency/Department per contract.
Second - Civilian
Third - Blue Labels for personal use for LEO.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I haven't bought much in awhile, but I did stop in the local Blue Label shop last week, just to see what they had in stock. Pretty much nothing but 26s and Gen 4 22s. I'm not REALLY looking hard for anything, but if I ran into a G20 or one of the 357s, I probably wouldn't leave without one. They said they've had ALL of the models on order for as long as they can remember, but they never know what's coming till they open the boxes.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts