close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G33 Vs Deer

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by baker1004, Nov 25, 2006.

1. baker1004

baker1004

Well I always wanted to get a shot at a whitetail deer with my Glock and I did yesterday. About 10 yards in the head. I was using Hornady Custom Ammo. 124 Grains. Really suprised me what it done to the deer, needless to say it went nowhere. I got some great pics but they are really graphic so I wont be posting them. Really makes me believe in this caliber. Can't wait till tax season for my new one ;)

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

my son has talked about getting a G33 for deer. he's real unhappy with the preformance of the .40 on deer.

3. glockinload

glockinload

If you shot the deer with a 9mm in the head it wouldn't have gone anywhere either. You guys are cruel hunting deer with glocks. Glocks aren't made for deer hunting.

4. baker1004

baker1004

I also have an XD-40. never had the opportunity to shoot a deer with it. I reload for it using hornady XTP's. Since I got my Glock though I have kinda neglected my XD.

5. Tac Four

Tac Four Curmudgeon

The only Glock I would hunt with would be a G20.

The 357 SIG just can't shoot the hot and heavy loads used in a .357 Magnum revolver for hunting deer .

6. stingray4540

stingray4540

Interesting weapon choice...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  7. glockinload

glockinload

I admit the 10mm has the power. But why not just use a rifle. Much higher velocity and better accuracy.

8. T. Harless

T. Harless

All I need to know.

9. YoungShooter86

YoungShooter86

I cannot help but be more inclined to use my SKS instead of any handgun for a good deer, but who am I to lecture you on the lower margin of error pistols afford you when you dropped it dead in its tracks? And you disrupted less edible meat(unless you think deer brain is tasty) with that shot.

Enjoy the venison,

YS

10. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

a deer in the head with a sub compact, dang son were in a tree stand? or what?

11. cphilip

cphilip

Recon you would have a field day with Bow Hunters then?

Me? I drop down on em out of a tree with a bowie knife. Don't get many but sure is exciting! :tongueout:

12. ny rifleman

ny rifleman

I been wanting to shot a deer with my .40 g22. But I just learned glocks aren't for shooting deer. W*T*F are they non sporting arms. Guess we better get them banned.

13. T. Harless

T. Harless

Sporting is naked in the woods mano a mano. Nothing like getting your ass kicked by a white tail.

14. MOHAA Player

MOHAA Player Guest

[​IMG]

15. degoodman

degoodman Out of Columbus

Congratulations of successfully killing a deer with a G33 to the head.

Now please never do it again.

Service caliber hadnguns are not the proper tool for taking game animals, and generally speaking head shots are not the preferred shot either. Sure a shot to the brain is fatal, but miss that by a precious small margin, and you blow off the deer's lower jaw, and it dies of slow starvation by not being able to eat, or you send one through it's neck, and it dies of infection or starvation. I've more than once spent a tag on such an animal to clean up mistakes by losers who try this crap.

There's a reason the preferred shots are through the thorassic cavity through the heart or lungs. There is margin of error through the chest, and a properly delivered shot WILL be fatal within a finite amount of time. If you hit the heart or lungs, the animal will die from the wound, even if you can't track and recover the animal. Miss another smaller target, and the animal is in for a prolonged death.

Take a minute to examine your hunting ethics, and take the lesson to heart. Just because something can be done legally does not mean it should be done morally.

16. Armchair Commando

Armchair Commando Long Range Guru

Sounds like he needs better practice and needs to focus more on clean hits. A 357 SIG has absolutely no advantage over the 40 when it comes to deer hunting, Sounds like he's been making lousy hits and blames the caliber. Typical.

17. noway

noway

{Sure a shot to the brain is fatal, but miss that by a precious small margin, and you blow off the deer's lower jaw, and it dies of slow starvation by not being able to eat, or you send one through it's neck, and it dies of infection or starvation.}

actually a neck shot is a good shot to anchor a dee but hard to master and more this statement is more truely with a head gun.

If you ever talk 2 us down south hunters where we have deer standing in water and rather not chase it down if we shoot it in "thoracic cavity" and it should happen to run thru 100yards of wetlands, the neck next to the head make a good stopping shot and more truer with high powered rifles which are more accurate.

So don't dis-rule the neck. I rather go a deer long neck than his tiny head ;)

18. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i didn't say anything about hunting. i was talking about shooting deer and ammo preformance, not hunting for sport.

19. ede

ede Bama's Friend

he's usually shooting from a few feet and hitting the head, or if too far for a head shot still as close as he could walk up on one and shoot it. just the other day when we were talking about the .357 he said he shot one in the neck from about 25' and then head and it didn't die but went into a seizue and was really bleeding from all it's openings. he's wanting not just to kill the deer but kill it fast. i don't know for sure but i suspect he's shot several 100 with the .40 out of a 226 sig. sounds to me like you don't know much or any details and are making your own conclusions. typical

20. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

He needs to learn how to shoot then. If anything, the .40 has the advantage.