Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a NIB G32 Gen4 and my trigger finger drags on the bottom of the trigger guard?
Checked my grip etc. Feels like its pinching.
Have been shooting 1911's for 30+ years no problem.
Do some shooters have to modify the trigger guard for this?

Appreciate any input

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nope! It's not a 1911 & it will not handle like one!

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
That's you, not the gun.
Bought a NIB G32 Gen4 and my trigger finger drags on the bottom of the trigger guard?

Appreciate any input

·
Registered
847 Posts
Afternoon 10mmfever

I had that same issue when I first started shooting Glocks. It kind of interfered with a smooth trigger stroke.

My trigger finger entered the trigger guard at a downward angle with the tip of my finger dragging along the bottom inside of the trigger guard. (did that with all my Glocks)

Not sure what if anything changed. I did add Grip Force (beaver tails) on all my Glocks as that straightens the grip angle slightly to be more like the 1911. I also shot the guns a LOT (thousands of rounds down range)

In any case I can't tell you what or when it changed but I am not bothered by that finger drag on any of my Glocks for a long time now.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I modify all my Glocks by sanding the end of the trigger and I also sand off some of the internal trigger guard. My finger pinches just like yours does. Backstraps on my Gen 4 did not help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
So, first I tried this:
Xacto knife trying to trim for bumps -- Nope

Then after reading the responses to the thread, I tried this:
Mucho Gracias~ Not perfect, but better!
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Afternoon 10mmfever

I had that same issue when I first started shooting Glocks. It kind of interfered with a smooth trigger stroke.

My trigger finger entered the trigger guard at a downward angle with the tip of my finger dragging along the bottom inside of the trigger guard. (did that with all my Glocks)

Not sure what if anything changed. I did add Grip Force (beaver tails) on all my Glocks as that straightens the grip angle slightly to be more like the 1911. I also shot the guns a LOT (thousands of rounds down range)

In any case I can't tell you what or when it changed but I am not bothered by that finger drag on any of my Glocks for a long time now.
I also lowered my support hand a bit and this was a noticeable change that helped my trigger finger not rub as much.
Thanks!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Are you sure your finger is pinching between the trigger and trigger guard? I only ask because my trigger finger starts hurting after extended sessions at the range, and I initially thought my finger was being pinched the same way. After more investigation, I'm about 99% sure the pain in my finger is coming from the trigger safety. If you look at the trigger safety from the side when it is fully disengaged (unloaded of course), you'll see it still sticks out just a little at the bottom of the trigger. It makes a bit of a point that sticks out from the face of the trigger.
This may not be your problem, but it might be something to look at.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My abraded finger comes from the bottom inside of the trigger guard. The high hand position with the web between my thumb and forefinger high up under the beaver tail forces my trigger finger to slope down to the trigger and the end of my finder next to the fingernail to get sore. It seems as if by design - a high thumb position leads to a down slope to the trigger.

This happens when pressing the trigger with the pad of my trigger finder (not the tip nor the joint) which is how I understand the trigger finger is to be positioned. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
426 Posts

Appreciate any input
I had the same issue with my g32, never had this problem with my g41, g19 or g34. Took some 320 grit sandpaper to the bottom inside of the trigger guard and the trigger face. Be sure to depress the safety so you get the trigger face only. There was an earlier thread that discussed this process in more detail.

I had also added Pearce grip extensions and was using those for the first time after this mod, so not sure which worked, but it's now as comfortable as my g19.

·
Consummate Reloader
1,464 Posts
I have a similar issue with my trigger finger being at a weird angle. It's less of an issue for me on a 26/27/33 or on the 20/21/41 but on a 19/23 or 17/22 I have a very hard time shooting well. I seem to do a little better on the Gen 4 models but it doesn't matter all that much.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Same thing happens to me. When I shoot regularly I build up a bit of a callus there and it's not so bad. I also smoothed out the bottom of the trigger guard with sandpaper and that helped a bit. It's just something I deal with. It's worse with heavier-recoiling guns like my 23 and 32, not so bad with the 19 or 17.

·
Consummate Reloader
1,464 Posts
Bob, your hands are too big for 9/40 in Glock. Try a 10mm or 45ACP glock and see if that fits you better. Though, you might do fine with a 26/27/33 as they fit a big hand really well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts