G32 gen 3 vs 4

Discussion in 'TOP GUNS *357 Sig* Club' started by MarkyyDee, Jan 31, 2017.

1. MarkyyDee

MarkyyDee

Whats your opinion on gen 3 vs gen 4 glocks when its comes to .357sig? I love the slide finish on the gen 3, its so durable, but I feel like the dual RSA might help recoil a bit. Whats your take?

2. unit1069

unit1069

I rushed right over here after seeing your original post on the GATE Self-Defense thread.

I cannot speak to the characteristics of any Generation 4 Glock pistols but I can tell you that the installation of a Wolff stainless steel guide rod and Wolff 20# recoil spring considerably reduced the muzzle flip of my Generation 3 G-32.

My G-32 never suffered a single hiccup, before or after the recoil spring assembly switch, but the switch has definitely moderated the recoil. If you like the Gen 3 finish I say go for it. The one and only Glock I own is my OD Gen 3 G-32, really an awesome pistol functionally and visually.

Poohgyrr likes this.

3. MarkyyDee

MarkyyDee

Thanks for the response!

4. davsco

davsco

i've shot both gen 3 & 4 and frankly i am not good enough to tell the diff. i do prefer the gen 4's because of the extra stippling/grippyness and also the beavertail backstraps. my primary carry gun is a gen4 g32.

Poohgyrr likes this.
  5. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

I am a gen 3 man. it i all personal taste.
    I doubt the recoil spring makes a difference, I do not like the larger mag release, and I prefer the grip pattern and slide finish of the .3's.

Poohgyrr and NitLion like this.
  6. skyboss_4evr

skyboss_4evr

Gen4 for me. The dual spring does make a difference in felt recoil. But I really prefer Gen4 for the grip and larger mag release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Lowcountry_Glocker

Lowcountry_Glocker

Since Feb. my opinions have changed a bit.
    I'm appreciating the G.4's a lot more now, after shooting my 22 a lot recently. The grip is coming around to me, I have adapted to the larger mag release, however, I still do not like the slide finish, BUT there are much more important things to worry about in life than that.

I believe the biggest perk may be those back strap things. I have been doing a lot of draw/fire drills at a rapid pace, and found that I would get slide bite on occasion: I hold high naturally, but combined with a rapid draw the issue is compounded. My friend had a backstrap on his, and I can see it's utility now.

Seeing as this is a G32 thread, I was really hot on getting one for a few days, because I am never happy with what I already have. G22, too big. G33, LOVE but wouldn't mind something more to grab onto when drawing/firing. Same friend as above has a G32, I was surprised but how little difference there is in size compared to a full size.

I am thinking my next purchase will be a G29.4, w/ nite sites.

8. hile

hile

I don't have a Glock in 357SIG, but having had multiple Gen 3 and a Gen 1 or Gen 2 G19 in the past, I much prefer my Gen4 Glock 20 to any of the Gen3 guns I had in the past. I may end up with a 31 or 32 eventually.

9. Poohgyrr

Poohgyrr Making lunch

My main G32 is a Gen3, my G31's are Gen4.

Both work for me: I prefer the 4 grip & mag release, & I have more spare parts for Gen3.

Some folks who have lots more experience than I do - really enjoy a noticeable difference with the Gen4 G32.

What I really want is a good (with the steel rails) Gen2 G32.

10. BelieveNglocK

BelieveNglocK

I was sold on gen 3 for many years. Finally got a gen 4 and I must say I feel it's an improvement. Both a solid though.

Poohgyrr likes this.