G32/G33 question

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by abq87120, Jan 11, 2010.

1. abq87120

abq87120

I have the hots for a G32 but am considering a G33 instead. Does anyone have both a G32 and a G33? Can the G33 do barrel/mag swaps/conversions like the G32? Is there much difference in the perceived recoil between them?

I carry a G26 now and like the size of this gun a lot. I am concerned that a G33 would have more recoil than I would want in a carry weapon. A G32 probably not so much because it's a little heavier. Am I thinking the right things?

Dan in ABQ

2. Seayall

Seayall

Well I am no glock expert by any means, but I can tell you that I only have one glock and it is a G32. Carrying it about 85% of the time and it is a great shooter for sure. I use a Milt Sparks VMII and it is very comfortable to wear all day long.

3. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

I'm in the market for a G32. I own a G19, G26 & G27 already. I want the G32 over the G33 only because I have the G27 which is apparently very close in ballistics to the G33.

As I understand it, the G32 has better ballistics due to its barrel size, and the .357SIG round is more reliant on a longer barrel than other calibers, so it experiences a more significant drop off in performance with the subcompact models than does the 27 or 26 relative to their compact counterparts. (I could be wrong here... going off what I've read on forums so don't take it as 100% fact).

4. DowntimeLA

DowntimeLA

the G32 will do around 1400 fps and 500 lbs with factory loads

packs a good punch in a comfy package, i put a set of big dots on mine, filled up with ranger talons, threw it in a comp tac and good to go.

5. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I have a 32 and a 27 that I have a 33 barrel for.
    Yes.
    Yes, the 32 is cool but loud and the 33 sucks.
    Yes the 27/33 slide is 11.8 oz versus the 32 slide @ 12.8 oz. That extra oz of weight makes the 32 substantially easier to handle for me.

6. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

Can you elaborate on the 33 sucking in your opinion?

7. mclaren

mclaren

This is the exact opposite of everything I have read about the round. Everything I have seen says that it is one of the most consistant of all handgun calibers as velocity relates to barrel length. This is one of the primary reasons I went with the G33. I wouldn't have to sacrifice power for concealability and comfort.
    I have a chrono, I should fire it up and see what I get.
    My G33 is a stellar performer. It handles shoots and cycles great. The way I saw it was i can have a light fast 9mm and turn it into a light and slow with the short barrel(G26), or a medium weight medium speed 40s&w and turn it into the medium/slow or heavy/slower(G27).
    Or, I could have a .357 sig at very close to the velocities it was built for.
    So I went with that.
    I would say go with the G32. I would love to have one 13+1 and a 4.02" barrel. Thats the length this round was built for. If this is EDC the extra size will make it a little more handleable and lot less carryable.

For what its worth I want a G32 a G26 and a G27. I want them all, they all serve a purpose and are great guns.

8. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Sure Scott, IMO the combination of muzzle blast/flash and slide velocity is downright obnoxious. By contrast the 155 grain Gold Dots and XM40SWB loads in 40 S&W are stiff but controllable in the 27.

9. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

Interesting... I likely have my facts wrong. What I read was that since it's a high compression round, it relies on a longer barrel, but that may be bass ackwards.

I think I'll likely still get a 32 over the 33 only because I have two other subcompacts already and only one compact. The G33 will be on my list too, I'm sure, just after the 32. :)

10. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

I need to drop a 33 barrel in my 27 and see how it feels. Thanks for the additional info!