Glock Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
CUInMySights
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to get one in mid-May. I've read a few things about reliability issues. Born on date is 2010.

Can anyone point me in the direction where I can find the pros and cons. Either in threads on this forum or on the net.

Thanks

·
I'm your huckleberry....
18,108 Posts
I'd suggest using Google-foo to search for G30 topics.

I have a Gen3 G30sf that I got in November of last year and I like it a lot. The slide lock spring (the flat one in the frame) broke and required a trip back to GA, but it's been trouble free since and is a very good pistol. Soft recoiling and accurate.

You will like it!

·
CUInMySights
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking forward to getting the 30SF. I too bought a G29SF a few weeks ago and it's been flawless with low and high power ammo.

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
I'm going to get one in mid-May. I've read a few things about reliability issues. Born on date is 2010.

Can anyone point me in the direction where I can find the pros and cons. Either in threads on this forum or on the net.

Thanks
I put off getting one because seeing negative posts on the G30sf but I bought one anyway and couldn't be happier. when I bought my 23 in 08 those were suppost to be blowing up. when I started looking at the 27 in 2010 its recoil was suppost to be to fierce, I bought one anyway. I could not be happier with all my Glocks, especially the G30sf.

·
CUInMySights
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DROS (Dealers Record of Sale) the G30SF the other day and although it is a 2010 model it must have been a safe queen because I could not see any wear on the barrel. I bought it for a steal for the current California market.

Now I have to wait 10 days for the State to do a background check before I can pick it up. I'm really looking forward to putting it through the paces. It will be a great partner to my G21 G4.

Thanks for all the comments.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.