close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G30SF w/ PG-29 +0 grip extension

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by RS0530, Apr 15, 2012.

1. RS0530

RS0530

I recently got the PG-29 +0 grip extension for a 9 round Glock magazine, but I can only get 8 rounds into the magazine now. Has anybody else experienced this? I can 'thumb' load all my other mags except this one. The photo is from a previous post by GRT45.

[​IMG]

2. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

BTW, credit for the photo in your post goes to GT member Butch. I always give him credit for his excellent photos.

The G30 9-rnd mags are notoriously difficult to load to capacity. I can assure you, the problem loading 9 rounds is not due to the Pearce PG-29.

My girlfriend has 10 of the G30 9-rnd mags with a PG-29 that I prepared for her. Everything I've learned about dealing with G30 9-rnd mags is posted here:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16541382&postcount=8

Note the following paragraph from the above link. It's a prime suspect for a problem after the 9-rnd mag has been disassembled and put together again:
    Check that the bottom spring coil fits entirely inside the raised rim of the mag insert, resting flat on the bottom, and adjust the spring coil if necessary. Carefully verify this position when reassembling the mag. Failure to seat the bottom coil completely inside the mag insert has been known to prevent loading the last round to mag capacity.
    P.S. Buy an UpLULA™ magazine loader.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

3. RS0530

RS0530

Thank you GRT45. I will check out whether or not the spring is seated properly. I bought the mag and PGE from the same company and they installed the extension for me, without me asking, and sent me the stock one with the mag/extension combo.

I've also just starting looking at an Uplula. I may just have to pull the trigger on it. Pun intended. :) Thanks again.

4. Glockenspiel 25

Glockenspiel 25

The upLula is sweet, think I'm going to check one out..

5. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

You're welcome. Trust me, every G30/30SF owner should have an UpLULA to work the 9-rnd and 10-rnd mags. Even Glock guru Hickok45 saw the light and became a big fan after a viewer sent him an UpLULA.

6. vinstang67

vinstang67

I just got two 9 rds magazines for my G30.
    It is tough to get the 9th round even with Uplala.

I expect them to get better as 10 rds magazines did.

7. RS0530

RS0530

Yes, the Uplula is definitely in my future. I haven't had any trouble with the 10 round mags, just the one 9 rd that I got for carrying.

8. vinstang67

vinstang67

I had some FTF with 9 rounds mags yesterday (yesterday was the 1st time those 9rds mags got used).
    I have to wait/put more rounds to make sure mines are EDC worthy.

9. vinstang67

vinstang67

Deleted double post.

10. scosgt

scosgt

What he said!
    :fred:

AND
    Take the mag apart and work the spring. A little stretch, compress all the way (it will compress more in your hands than it does in the mag), make sure the coils align properly.
    When you load the mag, WITH THE UPLULA, each time you drop in a round use the tongue to press against the round to make sure it is seated all the way in. There is NO problem loading all nine with the uplula, but it really helps to work the spring.
    It is the same spring as the 10 rounder, so it should be less likely to malfunction.
    One more thing, when you have the mag apart, look down it, there are two spots inside near the top (NOT THE LIPS) where there is a bit of extra plastic from the bonding process. If you see that, just use a sharp knife with a 2"+m blade to shave it off. It does not appear to touch the follower, but under recoil you never know and if it inhibits the follower from rising in time you will get a misfeed.