G30SF Trigger safety problems

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by btolliverjr, Feb 11, 2010.

1. btolliverjr

btolliverjr

My G30SF trigger safety was not working properly. If it was pressed at all (without pulling the trigger) the safety would not reset to its forward position. The trigger had to be manually pushed to the forward position. I took it to a glock armorer and he switched out the trigger/trigger bar assembly. There was a bad spring in it. When he changed it out I had him put the smooth face trigger for the G21SF in it instead of the standard serrated trigger. :cool: (All free of charge of course) Just wondered if anyone else has had this issue.

2. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

Bump, I'm interested.

First thing that came to mind for me was that maybe the extractor plunger assembly was installed backwards. I'm curious.

3. btolliverjr

btolliverjr

Not sure how the extractor plunger assembly would effect the trigger safety? :dunno: It was a bad spring in the trigger assembly. The entire trigger/trigger bar assembly was replaced and the problem was taken care of.

4. itsgottabeapit

itsgottabeapit

The extractor plunger is connected to the firing pin safety, via the extractor. And the extractor plunger has a spring. It can function when it's in backwards but not always. Maybe it was the firing pin safety spring but I can't see that being the issue..But I'm still learning. And I can't see how it could have been the trigger spring if you weren't pulling the trigger...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  5. btolliverjr

btolliverjr

It was an internal spring inside the trigger housing, a spring that operates the trigger safety. (it is not visible or replaceable as it is inside the trigger housing)