close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G30SF grip size.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jarhead 1833, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Jarhead 1833

Jarhead 1833

Hi all, my name is small hands and I was just curious if anyone has handled both a G19 and a G30SF. How much bigger is the grip of the G30SF? I have had a chance to handle a 19 and it felt OK. I don't have access to a 30SF but I would really like to go with the .45. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Seawolf

Seawolf

Very little difference between a G19 and G30SF in grip size and overall believe it or not. I will say the G30 weighs more than the G19, but the two are very close in size. SF version fits me perfectly.

3. MTS532

MTS532

The G30 SF is a bit wider than the G19, but if you really want .45 caliber performance, have you considered the G38?

It has the exact same frame dimensions as the G19 but it fires the smaller .45 GAP round. This round duplicates standard pressure .45 ACP performance in a shorter round.

You might not find ammo for it at Wal-Mart, but it is available at better gun stores and online.

If you want to stick with the .45 ACP, then the G30 SF is a very accurate and reliable gun. The grip is just a bit shorter and a bit wider than the G19.

4. Jarhead 1833

Jarhead 1833

Thanks for the input guys. I used to fire a 92sf without issue despite my tiny girl hands. Is the 30SF smaller than the 92sf grip?

5. MTS532

MTS532

Oh, my yes! It feels way smaller to me. Trigger reach is shorter and circumference is shorter.

6. zeme05

zeme05

I recently bought a G30sf wanting the .45 bore. I own a G21sf and thought it would be a good addition. The grip isn't what I minded, it was the thickness of the slide. It did not point as well as my G23. It may only be mm thicker but it bugged me enough to sell it and purchase a G19. Shot the G19 today for the third time and it is killer accurate. I was lucky and bought the G30 on Gunbroker.com for $450 and ended up selling it for $475 so I didn't lose on it. I sure would suggest at least going to a gun shop and handling it several times and also rent one at a range if possible before putting down the $.

7. Seawolf

Seawolf

If you are ok with the 92FS then you will be fine with the 30sf. I own both.

8. Jarhead 1833

Jarhead 1833

Would you agree that the 92FS is bigger?

9. Seawolf

Seawolf

I'm pretty sure the G30 and G21 slide are exactly the same width the G30 is just shorter.
    Keep in mind that the G30 shoots as soft as it does because of that thick slide and grip. all that energy needs to go somewhere and that thick slide and grip help disipate all that energy.

10. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

I own and shoot both, and I also am afflicted with smallish hands. As was said earlier, both guns are similar in size and feel, I love my 19, but I love my 30SF. I would try to find one at a local shop to compair for yourself.

11. zeme05

zeme05

Seawolf- your are corect about the width. It doesn't bother me on my G21sf but that is a full sized service auto. I guess I will have to be happy with my G23 in .40 for CCW or my G19. I guess it is a personal preference, I think the G36 slide is the same as the G19/23

12. greenlion

greenlion

You know, one thing I never hear people talk about in handguns is how they balance in your hand. You are right, the G30 seems top heavy and does not balance well, or point as naturally. The G19, on the other hand, has better balance than any auto I can think of.

13. BoomerN

BoomerN

IMHO i think that thick slide and top heaviness is what absorbs all the recoil and makes my 30sf such a sweet shooter...thoughts

14. sndmn11

sndmn11

I own both and wear small or medium gloves. The 30sf is "noticeably" bigger meaning you can deinately tell a difference between the two, but I would not say it is significant. I pesonally like how the 30sf fills my hand more and points more naturally for me. I carry the 30sf everyday all day and have a manual labor type job, and just have the 19 because it is cheaper to shoot, it was ridiculously low priced, and to wear while jogging. I do not personally notice the difference in thickness pertaining to carrying either or concealing either.