Glock 17 G30 vs. G17....holy cow!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by xrmattaz, Apr 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Having not owned a G30 for several years now, I was impressed with the behaviour of my recently acquired one!

Shot rings around my also newly acquired 2nd Gen. G17 today...I was impressed. That little pistol is ACCURATE! Both shooting WWB.

My buddy had holes all over the B27 target with his fine assortment of firearms (none Glock) when I proceeded to place four of five in the head at FIFTY yards....couldn't duplicate that with the 17 by any means.

The G30 has not had too many rounds fired, and I experienced THREE "double feeds"....empty case failing to fully eject. This occured early on, and I was perhaps not "locking" my arms fully....opinions? No failures whatsoever with the G17 and WWB ammo.

Had a good time!

2. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

You're probably right-on about letting your arms act as shock absorbers...not enough resistance to permit the slide to react properly against the recoil spring.

I shoot my G17 pretty well...but not as well as my G21 and G30.

3. freepatriot

freepatriot Retired GT Mod Moderator

Just curious... which one do you carry?

4. turbonatr

turbonatr Senior Member Millennium Member

G30s continue to amaze, don't they! I can normally hit a 6" wide steel post at 200 yards with my G30 with the better half of a full magazine. The outdoor range I go to is only 200 yards in length which isn't much fun with a rifle. My buddys usually get bored shooting rifles after about 20 minutes and break out the pistols. Those standard pressure 230gr. FMJs sure take a long time to get there.;f

5. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

I carry my G30. If I can find a "steal" on a used G26, I'll go to that.