Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NRA Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range. And my recoil spring broke. At first i thought no big deal. I have a spare. But i found out that this also wiped out my slide lock spring. I also have a spare. But i noticed the slide lock spring snapped off the end that pushes into the frame. And its to deep to pull out with even tweezers. Only thing i can think of. Is to install new spring shoving the broken part deeper into the frame? Unless someone has a better idea.

·
just me
8,189 Posts
i was at the range. And my recoil spring broke. At first i thought no big deal. I have a spare. But i found out that this also wiped out my slide lock spring. I also have a spare. But i noticed the slide lock spring snapped off the end that pushes into the frame. And its to deep to pull out with even tweezers. Only thing i can think of. Is to install new spring shoving the broken part deeper into the frame? Unless someone has a better idea.
do not push it in to the frame !!! Turn it over and tap the dut cover on a table till it comes out of the frame you may have to put a few drops of oil in the frame first

·
NRA Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i am doomed. I tried oil and knocking it out. And tried a magnet. But my magnet is not a rare earth magnet. I know they have a lot more power than the one i have.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Try sticking a new slide lock spring to a magnet and with the magnet attached, gently slide it into the hole in the frame, being careful not to push the broken piece any deeper. The attached magnet should conduct the magnetism through the slide lock spring.

It may not work, but it's all I can think of short of sticking some bubble gum to the new slide lock spring and trying to fish it out that way.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,520 Posts
Try using a pair of 'hemostats' (long nosed tweezer things) that are used by doctors, etc.

I found some of these things at my local hardware store. They're not the greatest quality, but, they work!!!
The neat part about 'em is that they 'lock' when you squeeze the handles together.

·
MacGyver
7,502 Posts
Options:

1- leave it, should not affect the function of the new spring, just push it in.

2- Use a dental pick to pick it out, or other previous ideas

3- Send it back to Glock-they will either get it out or send you a new frame, plus install a new lock for you,.... and recoil spring and give you new mags.... and spec up your slide components....

·
Registered
308 Posts
I had the same issue (also on a G30) and hemostats weren't gonna come close. I was able to use an ice pick to get enough traction on the broken one to slide it out. I like the dental pick idea too.
Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts