close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G30: Recoil spring assembly, FTRB

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sgt-spam, Mar 25, 2010.

1. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

New to me G30 - I purchased it as new but from an individual. Gun is dated 5/13/09.

Field-stripped the gun to inspect and things look fine. Not much gold grease / anti-seize, so it's at least been field stripped and wiped down. There was a bit of oil on it, which I know doesn't come from Glock, but I didn't see any signs of use / abuse, so I feel comfortable that it's new as was advertised - not disputing that. Re-assembled, and the recoil spring assembly was protruding from the slide about half an inch - things didn't lock up. First time this has ever happened to me with a Glock. Took it back apart, re-assembled, same thing. Took a few tries to get it back together.

Anyway, I put 75 rounds through it today at the range and about 8 of those rounds would not chamber / the slide wouldn't return to battery (two different magazines). The nose of the cartridge was in, and when I smacked the back of the slide it moved forward (but stiffly).

Any thoughts on this? I've never experienced anything like this with any of my Glocks, so I'm not sure what to do at this point. My current course of action is to clean her up, check for anything that may be out of place, and shoot her some more. Should I be concerned? I also noticed the front of the recoil spring assembly doesn't sit flush with the front of the slide - is this normal?

Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. auburnfan04

auburnfan04

my new 30sf is having the same problem, I am taking it down to Glock tomorrow, I will let you know what they say....there is a updated trigger bar for the SF model, dont know if the regular 30 does or not. Mine has the updated trigger bar but looks to be rubbing on the trigger bar anyways.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Universal Question #1:

What were you using for ammo?

4. Murph33

Murph33

HAS to be limp wristing... :rofl::rofl:

Actually sounds like the problem I had when I bought my G30. 2 FTF/FTRB in the first mag, but has been flawless for the past 200 rounds.

5. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

Blazer brass 230gr ball.

My trigger bar is 4256-1.

6. auburnfan04

auburnfan04

take your slide off and look at the trigger bar and see if there is a gouge/rub area on it....should be shiny

7. den888

den888

Putting a marker on this post for future reference "G30 FTRB".

8. duke77togo

duke77togo

Should you be concerned? Yes. Especially if it's a gun you rely upon for self-defense. Call Glock.

Is that normal? Mine looks like that.

9. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

They have updated the trigger bar now to 4256 -1-. Try a new trigger bar and see if that fixes it.
    :wavey:

10. bentbiker

bentbiker

Is there a reason you don't use the "Tags" function?

11. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

There are some scrape marks on the trigger bar where it bends up to contact the firing pin safety. I don't see any marks on the slide - just the trigger bar, but they're definitely fresh. The rest of the trigger bar is a bit tarnished.

When I call, I'm looking for 4256-1- instead of 4256-1? I'll also ask about the recoil assembly.

12. Fire_Medic

The recoil assembly should be fine unless the gun has had a few thousand rounds through it.

Yes 4256 -1-

13. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

SGT-Spam,

My brand new G-30SF is doing the exact same thing, I mean identical. Mine has only had 130 rounds through it and I am taking it back to the shop on Friday. Mine has the new
    4256-1- trigger bar, it came on the gun, must not be the fix they think it is. Now I am really upset, kind of makes me wish I had not bought this model and stuck with my 19 and 27. I will let you know what the gun smith at the shop says.

14. auburnfan04

auburnfan04

my brand new 30sf has the -1- bar also, but still has FTRB probs, I am taking mine down to the glock factory in smyrna today, I will post what they say/did when i get back

15. ABACABB

ABACABB

This is exactly why I am so happy that I went with the regular G30 and skipped on the SF. 900 rounds with 0 issues so far.

16. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

I called Glock, and the tech that answered was very polite. As soon as I started to explain my issue he identified the trigger bar as my problem.

I'm now in the process of identifying / contacting a local armorer who can receive the parts and install them.

There are a bunch of threads here with this issue, all with reports of an updated trigger bar fixing or not fixing the issue, so I have my fingers crossed. Only problem now is that I've purchased a G21 trigger bar to install in the pistol because I prefer the smooth face, and it's NOT the -1- version. :worried:

17. sgt-spam

sgt-spam NRA Life Member

I had read about the problems with the G30SF, and thankfully, preferred the G30. I am disappointed that my G30 has these issues, but Glock seems to be moving in the right direction as far as taking care of me.

The tech I spoke with quoted a six week turn-around time for pistols sent in for repair.

18. ABACABB

ABACABB

Yeah mine new came with the -1- bar otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it. and I heard of issues with the SF after the switch so I definitely wasn't going for that option.

19. Fire_Medic

The trigger bar is VERY easy to install, get the part and send me a pm I'll walk you through it if you'd like.

If I was local I'd gladly do it for you but I'm not.
    :wavey:

20. voyager4520

voyager4520

The 4256-1 is now the stanadard trigger bar for G21 and G21SF. The 4256-1- is now the standard trigger bar for the G30 and G30SF.

In other words they don't make a smooth-face trigger w/trigger bar that should fit the G30 and G30SF.