close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

G30 Recoil Spring and Glockmiester

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by MBR, Sep 8, 2003.

1. MBR

MBR

I was just at Glockmiester shopping for some G30 stuff. Im getting a modified carry trigger, new 10 round mag with the Pearce extender installed and a stainless captured guide rod. I already have Meprolights.

I looked and looked for a 20# recoil spring for my 30. I could not find one at Glockmiester. Am I just missing them or do I need to get a Wolff recoil spring. Will a Wolff spring fit the Glockmiester guide rod.

I noticed on Wolffs website, they note that thier springs are to be used with thier guide rod. Wolff doesnt make a captured guide rod though.

2. Signal Zero

Signal Zero

The Glockmeister recoil set-up is captured so you won't be able to change the springs on it. I have the Wolff non-captured set in my G30 and I like it alot; you can also change springs if you like with the Wolff. I personally use the springs off a Glock factory recoil rod assembly on the Wolff rods.

3. MBR

MBR

Signal,

Do you have any problems installing the Wolff system? I would think the non captured guide rod would be difficult to install, with heavier than stock springs.

4. Signal Zero

Signal Zero

The Wolff rod set surprised me with how easy it was to install. Since it's two stage, less pressure is needed to compress it. (My G23 has the single stage rod and is a real pain to change springs.) The Wolff rod also has a thicker disk on the end that seats against the barrel, which is easier on my finger. I love being able to disassemble and clean the thing too.

5. MBR

MBR

I may try the Wolff rod and spring set.

Thanks

6. G21Pro

G21Pro Senior Member

does it create any potential reliability problems? I was just wondering as I am not familiar with aftermarket springs and rods for the Glock. People always say stock is best. What about for carry use?

7. 77Bronc

77Bronc

I have been using the Wolff non-captured guide rod in my 30 for two or three years without any problems. I even use the Wolff XP springs (2 to 3 LBS heavire than stock) and my 30 functions and cycles great, no FTF.